Automating data synthesis to advance data privacy
Senior Software Engineer$80k – $160k • 0.0% – 2.0%
What we’re looking for:
• 3+ years experience as a software engineer. The more the better!
• Expertise in an object oriented programming language such as C# or Java
• BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
• Self-starter with excellent communication skills, able to work independently with little direction
Some things that will make you stick out:
• Deep knowledge of how Database Systems work
• Knowledge of statistics or experience with machine learning
• An eye for design and experience with UI/UX
This job is for someone who is a jack of all trades and an expert in at least a few. Here are a few things you can expect to do:
• Attend customer meetings. Our product development is customer-centric. Expect to be on calls with customers, asking questions, getting feedback, and bouncing ideas around to come up with cool new features.
• Write your own specs. We are adding a lot of features at the moment, most of which come from our customers. We don’t always have a pixel-perfect spec for you to follow. You need to be responsible for getting inside the head of the customers and making decisions on what you think is the best way to deliver a new feature.
• Write a lot of code. Currently, our back-end is dotnet core and our front-end is React. Additionally, we have some small tools built-in Python.
• Fix bugs, improve our release process, and help in 100 other things that are crucial at a startup but might be taken for granted in larger more established companies.