Meet your new personal trainer
Studio Technical Lead
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a creative, organized professional to oversee all technical aspects of our LA-based video production studio to ensure all production and post workflows function smoothly.
You will work on a creative and growing video production team, focused on inventing brand new forms of production. We focus on innovation, organization and extremely high-quality content, stretching what we’re doing creatively while being extremely detail-oriented along the way.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for all technical aspects of a studio consisting of two stages with full camera, lighting, and grip equipment
- Responsible for the owned/rented production equipment at the studio
- Provide set-up and troubleshooting solutions for control room production, live switching and content delivery
- Operate video switcher and associated equipment for most productions
- Oversee single/multiple camera and web-streaming workflows
- Troubleshoot and resolve all technical issues, along with providing detailed resolutions
- Manage technical crew and workflow needs, providing continuity for a smooth production and post workflow
Who You Are
- 6+ years as a Technical Lead or Technical Director at a small to intermediate-sized production studio
- Experience in various production environments, from small to large, including a broadcast or media production facility
- Expert in multiple cameras, single camera, and web-streaming workflows
- Experience as a broadcast switcher for livestream and live to tape (ex. Tri-Caster)
- Ability to work independently (self-starting) who works well with others, in a fast-paced, dynamic studio environment
- Ability to work under pressure and keep a cool head, fostering a positive creative environment
- Expert knowledge and understanding of production equipment: cameras, lights, switchers, encoders, audio boards, etc.
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, creative; passionate about production and technology