Meet your new personal trainer
Senior Data Scientist$150k – $190k • 0.01% – 0.015%
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Provide expert input on architecture of Tonal's data collection, analytics, infrastructure, and learning systems
- Architect and build our AI and machine learning systems
- Identify innovative opportunities for data-driven features
- Use accelerometers and gyroscopes (IMUs) to detect users' weightlifting form
- Improve real-time rep and set detection from time-series data
- Develop algorithm to recommended weights to users over time
- Implement algorithms in conjunction with embedded, front-end, and back-end teams
Who You Are
- Advanced degree in mathematical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years data science experience
- Passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training
- Knowledge of machine learning, filtering, and cleansing techniques
- Strong knowledge of Python and one of Java, C/C++, Kotlin, or Go
- Working knowledge of backend software development, including RESTful APIs and databases
- Experience with gyros/accelerometers (IMUs), computer vision, or software engineering