One API to access all banks for data aggregation and direct payments
Senior Backend Engineer$140k – $160k • 24.0% – 25.0%
You’re here to develop a global open banking ecosystem that is centered around open, secure and universal payments and information API. Are you ready for a challenge to disrupt the way money is moved?!
What you will get to do:
● You’ll help build the core of the Token platform and scale it to millions of users in the years to come!
● Your contributions will be key as you work closely with the sales and engineering team.
● You love technologies like Java, gRPC, Protobufs, RxJava, JOOQ, Dagger2, Kubernetes, MariaDB because it’s what you dream about at night!
● You’ll get to travel internationally and work closely with our UK sales team.
● You love bantering and talking about architecture with your co-workers and not afraid to share new ideas or challenge each other and will be given an opportunity to make an impact on our product.
● You have a spidey sense of when things need to be implemented.
● You’re building a new product, tackling problems that have never been solved before.
● You can work on your own, but working with a team gives you a buzz as you love collaborating.
What you will need to be successful:
● You bring wickedly smart coding skills,
Your background includes….
● BS degree in CS or relevant experience
● 5-8 yrs. of development experience
● Strong cryptography knowledge is a plus
● Working experience in distributed backend systems and API design
● These are the technologies we use - Java, gRPC, Protobufs, RxJava, JOOQ, Dagger2, Gradle, Kubernetes, MariaDB and if you know any of them it’s a plus!
Benefits for you…
Located in the heart of SF downtown on Market, we have a spacious, hip office close to Bart and a short walk from CalTrain. We offer full benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life insurance, FSA, HSA. Lunches and Happy Hours, flexible work hours and FUN team outings!
All basic health care options are available such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability.
Save for your future with our 401K plan.
Maternity and paternity leave available.
Watch your investment grow as we do! Stock options available for new employees
Work from home
Have total autonomy to work from home a few days a week.
Unlimited paid time off
Work life balance is important to us. We offer unlimited paid time off to all full time employees
Snacks and lunch
Fully stocked pantry with healthy snacks and drinks. Personalized catered lunches every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Monthly gym membership reimbursement to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Pre-tax commuter benefits for public transportation and parking.
We host a variety of team and company events
Lucrative employee referral bonus program to reward you for helping to build an awesome team.
Token at a glance
Token focuses on Payments, Real Time, Software, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Token has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.