Collecting data from every flush
Biomedical Engineer$70k – $90k • 0.1% – 0.2%
The Biomedical Engineer will be responsible for prototyping, testing, and debugging a novel approach for the detection of biomarkers in excreta. The candidate should be hands-on and have strong interest and experience in biology, medicine and egnineering.
- Conduct prototyping and assembly of physical and electrical hardware, including diagnostics components.
- Physically connect and test circuit boards, wiring, sensors, and diagnostics components.
- Collaborate with experts in materials science, electrical engineering and medicine on cutting-edge problems.
- Evaluate system reliability based on modeling and experimental results.
- Communicate experimental and modeling results in written and oral reports to team.
- Educational background in biomedical engineering, materials science, and/or biophysics.
- 2+ years of experience that demonstrates significant, original, and creative contributions.
- Familiarity with principles related to the absorption properties of materials.
- Experienced in instrumentation design and debugging (Microcontrollers, National Instruments, dSpace, or similar).