Cloud Native Networking & Security Platform
Senior Software Engineer - SGN - Networking & Security$125k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Todyl puts world-class networking and security within reach of every business. Our unique Secure Global Network (SGN) cloud platform converges SASE, SIEM, GRC, and more into a cloud-native platform specifically built for MSPs and MSSPs. We’re a fast-paced, dynamic start-up, passionate about simplifying complex networking and security for small and medium businesses.
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented, high energy, collaborative individual who is looking to be part of the team changing the way businesses around the globe are connected and protected. As a key member of the Secure Global Network team at Todyl, you’ll be leveraging your deep knowledge of networking and security to both improve our existing services and systems, along with designing, developing, implementing, and operationalizing new large-scale services that span our global PoPs.
If you’re a systems thinker, passionate about security, and have an engineering skillset that’s both deep and wide, we want to hear from you!
- Ongoing operations and improvement of a global, carrier-grade, software-based network
- Build new networking and security functionality across Firewall, IPS/IDS, Proxy, DNS, VPN, Routing and other systems.
- Design and build APIs and management systems for multi-tenant customer configuration management.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network.
- Participate in operational on-call rotations.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Software development experience in large-scale commercial networking-oriented applications
- Expertise with Linux networking internals
- Deep understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking, including VXLAN, EVPN, and BGP
- Strong experience programming in Go and Python
- Strong experience scripting in Bash
- Understanding of performance analysis and debugging
- Experience with DevOps automation tools (Salt, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Knowledge of HTTP and Web Proxies
- Knowledge of IPS/IDS systems
- Understanding of IPSEC and VPN protocols
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment challenging norms
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science or related field of study
Todyl at a glance
Todyl focuses on Security, Security, Small and Medium Businesses, Information Security, and Cyber Security. Their company has offices in New York City, Denver, and Denver. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.