We help teachers do better what they do best - teach!
Senior Visual Designer₹12L – ₹16L
About the Sr. Visual Designer Role
"Good design is as little design as Possible" - Dieter Rams
Design is one of Toddle's core competencies and as a Visual Designer on the team, you'll lead the way. Our designers are makers and storytellers. They envision how people experience our brand and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
The ideal person
- Has an interest in designing for education
- Is a design expert with deep understanding spanning digital, print, and experiential design
- Is obsessed with breaking new creative ground through crafting the best ideas in design
- Is optimistic and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Has a diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail
You should have
- 2+ years' of experience in designing for brands, digital products and services
- Formal design training with an incredible eye for detail and obsessive appreciation for typography, design and layout
- Demonstrated mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent organisational, collaboration, and communication skills
Within three months you will
- Understand Toddle's vision and product strategy
- Understand International Baccalaureate as an educational framework
- Get to know the processes, tools, and systems our design team uses
- Have one-on-ones with members of the design, curriculum, engineering, and product teams to learn how design fits into the organisation
- Participate in design reviews and give feedback on other team members work in progress
- Know every corner of our Web app, Educator app, Family app and Student app. You’ll get a sense of our strengths and identify opportunities for improvement
- Deeply understand our users and their needs by participating in user research. You'll go on-site and talk directly with educators, coordinators, and school leadership team to learn about the challenges they face
Within six months you will
- Research, design, and launch a product feature from start to end as the primary design owner. You will lead and execute the design phase and partner with product and engineering to ensure that the right MVP is built and launched.
- Mentor and coach team members to help develop the design, professional, and interpersonal skills.
Within twelve months you will
- Own and drive the definition and design of a new product initiative
- Translate company vision and product strategy into high-confidence and innovative new product development
- Become a proactive advocate of voicing the user needs and representing their requirements
- Help to refine how we find and evaluate the best talent to join our team. Participate in the growth of the design team as a recruiter, interviewer, and hiring manager.