Drive productive outcomes in your meetings and workshops
Software Engineer (Remote)$45k – $52k • 0.3% – 0.75%
Hi there, this is Kevon, co-founder and CEO of Toasty, sharing that we’re looking for Software Engineers to join us.
Let’s start with what Toasty is about - we’re a video meeting platform that is designed to drive collaborations. Let’s think about it - there are a lot of video meeting platforms out there, but they’re merely for video chat, and we know that great meeting outcomes don’t just come from pure verbal communication.
And that’s why Toasty brings together simple and interactive questions and prompts, and collaborative tools like whiteboard and shared documents to create better conversations, discussions, and collaborations in our virtual meetings and workshops.
We’re now looking for Software Engineers to join us on this journey to build the next-generation virtual meeting experience. We’re still in our early days, so your involvement will be a key part of our story. You’ll become a key of our team and an influencer to our future directions and success.
Here are your responsibilities
- Be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility to drive initiatives and changes
- Ship high-quality code with a sense of urgency and speed
- Appreciate code reviews among the Engineering team as we keep our code easy to read, tested, and well maintained
- Refine features with our Product Team, finding the best tech and product trade-offs
- Have the proactive character to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives
Here are your requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Working experience on ES6 development in either frontend or backend
- Knowledge on Linux server and Cloud Servers like AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Systematic knowledge on TypeScript is a plus
- Working experience or knowledge on PostgreSQL/MariaDB etc
- Motivated and enjoy the fast-paced and changing startup environment.
- A blend of engineering, product, UI/UX, and people knowledge that lets you contribute from day one.
Here is what our team is like
- We are a product-led growth team, which means our strategies are made around our product
- We are huge fans of a book called the Mom Test, doing proper user research and interview to understand the pain points we’re solving
- Half of our team is based in Hong Kong with our own office. Half of our team is remote
- For our Hong Kong team, we have “Work from Home” Wednesday
- We hold high standards to the product we’re creating, with UX being the center of our development
- We believe in work and play, and we believe in having interactive remote meetings
- Humility and integrity play a key role on our team
This role comes with a package of monthly salary and equity. The salary here is USD and annual.