Find local professionals for pretty much anything
Product Marketing Manager
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Product Marketing Team
Product Marketing shares the voice of our users internally, and is the voice of the product externally. We use insights to influence the product roadmap and are responsible for driving adoption of product features through positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to build compelling and visionary narratives about our product changes and take them to market in impactful ways.
You’ll be an indispensable part of driving adoption and usage of new features by:
- Partnering across marketing, product, customer support, sales and operations
- Leading core research projects that inform product strategy and feature prioritization, synthesizing results into actionable insights
- Owning feature positioning, messaging, channel strategy, and creative execution for your part of the product
- Developing and executing go-to-market plans for key product launches
- Measuring impact post-launch and keeping stakeholders informed of progress toward team and company goals.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6+ years of experience, preferably in marketing, consulting, or product management
- Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork and project management experience, including executing complex projects with outstanding results
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to guide strategy
- Experience conducting, synthesizing and sharing user research
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience creating and launching external marketing or communications campaigns
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed
- MBA degree
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.
A generous Paid time off policy
An in-house culinary team preparing fresh meals every day, and yes… even kombucha on tap.
Discounted gym memberships
Fun and games.
We work hard but we’re not all business. Join regular happy hours, team building offsites, company-wide celebrations — even a costume contest or two (if that’s your thing)
A worthy mission
In a world where tech is often seen as eroding good jobs, we’re helping small business owners thrive. Our product makes entrepreneurship accessible to everyone.
Always be improving
We bring out the best in our colleagues — and our product — by pushing each beyond what we believe we’re capable of. We give honest feedback, even when it’s hard
All the industry-standard benefits you’d expect, plus a few you might not: $450 to spend on Thumbtack services per quarter and a $1,250 annual education stipend.
Find your happy place
We believe that everyone should love where they work. Some places are just easier to love than others. We’re proud to say we’re one of those places.
Thumbtack at a glance
Thumbtack focuses on Service Industries, Marketplaces, Local, Services, and Small and Medium Businesses. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Draper. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Thumbtack has raised $423.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.