Fuel your company culture. Flexible food & culture programs for teams in and out of office
Lead Design Researcher
We’re culture cultivators. Employee energizers. Team strengtheners. Morale boosters. People fuelers. We’re office humanizers. We believe great things happen when you bring your people together to break bread. We believe modern technology should be used for good - like fueling the biggest companies in the world with the best food possible in the easiest way imaginable. And most of all, we're hungry. Not so much for food (we’re still full from lunch), but for transforming office culture all over the world.
We are hiring a Lead Design Researcher to inspire and guide our teams by helping us uncover human-centric insights to promote well-tuned user experiences and new ideas for the product. With the workplace landscape changing dramatically due to COVID-19, we enter uncharted territory and acknowledge the importance of deepening our understanding of the challenges faced by our customers cultivating an inclusive and enriching workplace in this new reality. You'll play a crucial role in not only uncovering their needs and identifying opportunities, but also laying the foundation for how we operationalize and socialize research across the organization, setting the stage to build your own dream team in the future. You are an individual that has deep empathy and curiosity for people, have bountiful experience practicing qualitative and quantitative research methods, and possess strong convictions about how good, ethical research is conducted. If this sounds like you, drop us a message with links to your work and experience.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with Design and Product to identify research needs for features as well as initiatives beyond the scope of planned projects, guiding the teams in how to ask the right questions and frame research goals.
- Partner with the Business Intelligence team to create and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects that uncover opportunities across multiple domains including: customer needs, UX design, product design, user segmentation, customer and partner communication, and customer experience.
- Collaborate with Designers and Product Managers in speaking directly with customers, running evaluative tests, and sharing key findings with the team.
- Develop our research framework: formalize templates, tools, processes to reduce overhead and the time required to get research projects off the ground.
- Analyze and summarize research findings into actionable insights and communicate to relevant customers or stakeholders.
- Establish an organized repository for all research generated and make accessible for our cross-functional teams.
- Partner with Design and Product leadership to determine ways to measure success for innovative new projects or ideas, and to employ the most appropriate qualitative and quantitative research methods to obtain insights about users' behaviors and attitudes.
- Evangelize the impact of your craft to the rest of the organization, participate in interviews, and actively inform research hiring practices.
- Contribute to local and global research communities, sharing your experiences in-person or in writing as a way to grow and reflect.
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience leading research projects as part of a Product or dedicated research team.
- Practical experience employing a wide variety of research methods (e.g. contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, concept testing, diary studies, surveys, benchmarking studies, A/B testing, behavioral data analysis, 1:1 interviews, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops).
- Experience managing and advocating for research engagements, tying back outputs and outcomes on the product to research goals.
- Experience conducting research remotely with english-speaking participants.
- Experience visualizing complex workflows and communicating those to other teams.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience adapting research practices and working iteratively to meet team needs under tight timelines.
- Experience partnering with Product and Design to develop a research strategy and deliverables, packaging insights for the teams to use.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working With Us/Perks:
We’re a performance-driven, entrepreneurial team passionate about a job well-done. We embrace learning opportunities, mentorship, creative problem solving, all while having fun with silly inside-jokes. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and make sure to balance out challenging days with memorable nights.
Competitive vacation policy
½ Day Summer Friday’s in the months of July & August
Dog friendly office
Virtual social events
Professional development seminars
At Thriver we support, value and celebrate diversity. Thriver is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or gender identity. If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are happy to accommodate all.
Thriver at a glance
Thriver focuses on Marketplaces, Startups, Application Platforms, Technology, and Website. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, and Chicago. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Thriver has raised $53M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.thriver.com