Great tights at a fair price, delivered to your doorstep
Digital Marketing & Social Media Manager$35k – $55k • No equity
We are looking for someone to lead our digital marketing and social media activities. If you love interacting with people and all things social media, we want to hear from you. We are looking for someone who is a creative self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced/start-up environment and can execute tasks and come up with ideas independently. You will be based in downtown Toronto, reporting to the Founder. We’re a young company so nothing is above or below you. This role has high upward career mobility as the company grows.
*Note: This role is a 3-month contract position. We intend for this position to continue into a permanent full-time role following completion of the contract. *
What you’ll do:
Manage our social media accounts and develop creative assets and copy
- Strategize, manage, develop and execute a monthly multi-channel content calendar for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter) that both supports product/brand campaigns and tells the brand story in our aesthetic and voice
- Develop creative assets and copy for social media accounts
- Serve as the social media expert and content strategist, staying up to date on current trends and tools
- Stay on top of events and culturally relevant moments where new audiences can be engaged via social channels
- Constantly improve the strategy and practice of retaining followers and gaining new ones
- Develop new, and maintain current relationships with influencers, brands and affiliates that match our brand aesthetic and values
- Facilitate media requests and ensure timely delivery of asks
- Ad hoc research as needed
- Engage with our community and customers
- Provide excellent customer service and conversation with our Threads community through Instagram DMs, comments and Facebook Messenger
- Comment and interact with other Instagram and Facebook accounts, brands, etc.
- Use feedback and insights from community engagement (social media, affiliate and influencer channels) and share with rest of team in real-time to help the business evolve its strategies in a timely fashion
- Manage reporting & insights
- Use and collect data to analyze social media effectiveness
- Act quickly on insights to make improvements to content to ultimately drive improved engagement and growth on a weekly basis
- Stay up-to-date with, and optimize content for, best performing social platforms and types of posts
- Stay ahead of social trends, proposing tests and trial programs to expand our presence on current and new platforms as they gain traction
Who you are:
- You live & breathe social media and love connecting with people online
- You’re witty, clever and love a good meme or pop-culture reference
- Detail-oriented and grammar obsessed
- Able to handle emergencies with a cool head
- Know your way around social media marketing tools and platforms
- Motivated self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude and who enjoys problem solving
- A strong photo and video editor
- A great storyteller and wordsmith who is detail oriented and appreciative of the Threads aesthetic and brand voice
- Customer-first mindset, seeking to consistently improve the customer-Threads relationship
- Operates with discretion and utmost respect for confidentiality
What you’ll need:
- 1-2+ years experience working in digital marketing, social media, or content creation
- Experience with working in a customer-first environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Extensive experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop or Canva
- A positive attitude (all problems are opportunities!) and a great sense of humor
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Thrive in an all-hands-on-deck and results-oriented team environment
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, a data-driven mindset and a drive to always improve
What we offer:
- An opportunity to wear more hats and grow into a larger role at Threads
- An opportunity to launch additional social channels (YouTube, Snap, TikTok)
- Competitive pay
- Flexible remote work policy
- Office in a vibrant coworking space in downtown Toronto
- Fun team events (after work drinks, lunch outings, etc.)
Please send an email with the subject line “Digital Marketing & Social Media Manager - Your Name” to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, with your resume and answers to the following questions in the body of the email. Please answer all questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Why are you the best fit for this role?
- Why would you love to work at Threads?
- What’s one thing we could do better or differently?
- Do you have any past experience at an early-stage startup?
- Please create 4-6 samples of work that you think best aligns with our content (IG posts, videos, Pinterest pins, stories, etc.). We want to know that you understand Threads’ tone and aesthetic.
- Tell us about two brands that you think are socially aligned with Threads’ core audience.
- Handles to your personal social accounts
Deadline for applications is 11:59pm ET on Friday, July 3, 2020.
Thank you for your interest! Successful applicants will be made aware of the next steps.