Thought Machine is building technology to revolutionise banking
Front End Engineer£40k – £80k • 0.1% – 0.1%
Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine’s core product is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List (2019) and named in Fintech 50 (2019). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Back End Engineering is a key role within Thought Machine as Back End Engineers lead the development of Thought Machine’s Vault product. We pride ourselves in excellence in this role, adopting the best practices in continuous deployment monorepo style development.
While development at Thought Machine is fast paced, you will be expected to develop code to a high standard and production ready state.
- An engineer’s attention to detail and a passion for writing clean, readable, properly tested code.
- Experience of building large, complex Single Page Applications in a scalable and maintainable way
- React experience, or if not and are experienced with another major framework (Angular, Vue, MobX) ability to learn React.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Redux, redux-saga and GraphQL.
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan (match up to 7%)
- Life Insurance- 3 times annual salary
- Excellent Maternity and Paternity leave
- Shared parental leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private health insurance with Bupa for you and your family
- Health cash plan (including dental & optical)
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to exceptional learning materials and courses
- Onsite gym, membership subsidised by Thought Machine
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee, soft and alcoholic drinks on tap
- A talented and experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
Thought Machine Group Limited at a glance
Thought Machine Group Limited focuses on Technology, Banking, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in London. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.thoughtmachine.net