Bud's mission is to make the money part of people's lives simpler
Chapter Lead, Backend£75k – £100k • 2.0% – 5.0%
Bud's mission is to make the money part of people's lives simpler. The products we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people, making finances easier to manage for everyone.
As our Chapter Lead you will help the team problem solve, deliver and achieve to their potential. You'll be coaching, mentoring and developing staff, whilst also having a hands-on contribution to our software development.
What impact will you make
* Overseeing on-boarding, providing career development planning and opportunities to the team
* Empower our developers to take responsibility for their jobs and goals, by conducting regular reviews, delegating tasks and fostering a culture of accountability and regular feedback.
* Work with Product Managers to align on deliverables and ensure the successful delivery of releases ahead of, or on time.
* Work with your fellow Chapter Leads to share best practice, and instill a culture of continuous improvement.
* Contributing best in class code, setting examples for team members
* Writing specifications for new features
* Set standards, document guidelines and share best practices to ensure continuous learning and knowledge transfer
* Reviewing developers pull requests, feeding back to the team on areas of improvement.
A bit about you
* Have significant Backend programming experience
* Experience working in an agile environment
* Experience of hiring great team members
* Experience delivering through others - delegating and motivating effectively.
* Expert communication skills – comfortable speaking with and influencing a variety of people in different situations.
* Great at feedback - experience giving and receiving feedback in a timely and effective way to help the development of our people and excellent products.
Taking it to the next level
* Solid grasp of software testing methodologies and automated testing of systems and applications
* Experience interacting with or building APIs
* Ins and outs of agile-oriented teams and methodologies
* Strong knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
Engineering at Bud
The software engineering team are tasked with solving highly technical problems to enable solutions that tangibly benefit the lives of millions of people. From how to scale our solutions to tens of millions of users in the most effective manner to integrating hundreds of third-party businesses. Data is key to our business and we need passionate developers to help capture it, store it, transform it, research and most importantly secure it.
What is it like to work for Bud?
We could play buzzword bingo but one of our core values is 'Authentic' and the best way to demonstrate this is by sharing our employee engagement dashboard. This provides a weekly engagement and NPS score giving you a true reflection of life at Bud. All data collected is anonymised so we have no control over what you see.
The dashboard is interactive so check it out here and have a look at what the numbers mean, bit.ly/2MhjAZT (workable.com/nr?l=https://bit.ly/2MhjAZT)
What are the perks?
🏖 25 days holiday!
👵 We match up to 5% of your salary in our pension plan.
🎒 You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
🌱 The biggest motivation for people is learning and developing, our people have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud.
🤹♂️ We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on events and have a social committee organising things from 5-a-side football, gaming comps and after-work meet-ups!
🤝 Being part of the WeWork community also provides some added perks from free "artisan" coffee, weekly lunch and learns and even terrarium workshops.
A bit more about us
2018 was big for us 17 to 70 (yes, really) - But 2019 is going to be even bigger. We recently announced our Series A funding, $20 million! We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
And more about what we're doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people. Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Bud is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We match up to 5% of your salary in our pension plan.
25 days holiday!
Being part of the WeWork community also provides some added perks from free "artisan" coffee, weekly pilates and yoga weekly, lunch and learns and even terrarium workshops.
Learning and development budget
The biggest motivation for people is learning and developing, our people have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on events and have a social committee organising things from 5-a-side football, gaming comps and after-work meet-ups!
All the equipment you need!
You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!