The human-first health company bringing specialized care and treatment to everyone
Software Engineer - Backend
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
You will get to:
- Implement new features using modern API server-side frameworks, libraries, and tools (Ruby on Rails with Apollo GraphQL)
- Work with team leads to develop systems and services for Thirty Madison users across all of our healthcare brands
- Collaborate on peer code reviews and architecture discussions
You should have:
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer, primarily developing backend services and APIs on a modern web stack
- Fluency in at least one modern web framework with a preference on Ruby on Rails (or Python/Django, Node/Express, etc.)
- Exposure to modern cloud deployment technologies (we use AWS)
- Experience with SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL) and data modeling best practices
- Experience with asynchronous jobs, team-oriented git workflow, instrumenting, monitoring and profiling systems
- A strong commitment to testing and quality
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through April 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thirty Madison at a glance
Thirty Madison focuses on Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Fitness, Personal Health, and Corporate Wellness. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Thirty Madison has raised $22.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.