Finally wear a bra that fits perfectly and is as comfortable as a second skin
ThirdLove is looking for an exceptional Controller to build out our accounting policies, processes, systems, and team. Responsibilities will cover all facets of accounting including technical accounting, closing the books, accounts payable, payroll and financial reporting in compliance with US GAAP. We’re seeking an excellent well-rounded team leader who can balance technical accounting with the practicalities of the business.
- Lead all accounting related tasks including the close, technical accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, equity accounting and financial reporting
- Manage a team of 5 in accounting operations, primarily responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Act as a technical accounting leader for the company -- stay current on all new accounting developments and impact to the company
- Lead preparation for financial statement audits; own coordination with external auditors
- Provide the leadership and structure for the team to excel as the company grows
- Assess, implement and maintain accounting systems and tools to drive efficiencies and empower robust learnings
- Implement a controls structure and develop efficient processes that will scale with growth
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and all tax filings (income and sales)
- Work collaboratively across departmental functions, providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions
- Lead assessment and implementation of ERP system
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA); 5+years public accounting
- 12-15 yrs years of overall accounting experience -- including industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of technical accounting matters, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC reporting
- Both public company and startup experience a plus
- Strong Inventory experience is critical
- Strong communication and writing skills -- distill complex and/or technical financial concepts, while providing strategic viewpoints
- Can excel in a fast-growing and amorphous environment -- adapting and reprioritizing as needed. Always curious and always learning
- Income and sales tax knowledge a plus
- Strong system acumen with a bias to utilizing software to streamline processes
- Positive attitude, responsible approach and a self-starter that’s not afraid to dive in and get into the details
ThirdLove® is on a mission to help all women feel comfortable and confident in their everyday lives. We are the brand that disrupted the lingerie industry by empowering women to find their perfect fit online with our innovative Fit Finder® quiz. Inclusivity is at the core of who we are and how we serve our customers and build our team.
Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and data-driven. If you want to impact millions of people each and every day and propel your career forward, we’d love to hear from you.
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ThirdLove is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.
Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
16 weeks of maternity leave
Subsidized delivered lunches 3 days a week
Wellness benefits including monthly in-office massage visits
Dog Friendly Office
Company discount code. Product discounts
Peer recognition and rewards platform
Quarterly product allotment (free product!)
ThirdLove at a glance
ThirdLove focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Fashion, Shopping, and Women's Apparel And Accessories. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chico, and Córdoba. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, ThirdLove has raised $68.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.