The online marketplace for news articles and top freelance journalists
Growth Hacking Intern
With our AI-driven matching algorithm, we select out of millions of news stories around the globe the ones that fit a specific publication or identify the best journalist to hire for a gig. We're an international online marketplace for journalists and content. Editors of media companies and brands can easily license articles via our platform, get them translated, or commission a story to one of our freelance correspondents.
The Story Market was founded by Lena Späth (www.linkedin.com/in/lenaspath) and Doris Wiedemann (www.linkedin.com/in/doris-wiedemann-54a2b) and has been supported by MediaLab Bayern, IBM and is currently a member of Grow F.
As a young start-up, we recently closed our first funding round and are now looking to grow the team with a new
Growth Hacker Intern
Who You Are:
- You are a self-starter able to work independently while also working as part of a team
- You are curious and not shy to ask questions and learn
- You are a goal-getter, an ace in prioritizing and getting things done
- You think outside the box, like challenges, and don't stick to problems but look for solutions
- You are tech-savvy, know how to use Excel, Google's Suite, and are quick in wrapping your head around new tools like Hubspot, Notion, Typeform, and Co?
- You are fluent in English and at least one other language, and internationally-minded - we speak English, German, Persian, Dutch, Hindi, Spanish :)
- You are interested in the future of media and journalism or have even experience in the industry (text is our "bread and butter")
What You'll Do:
- Together with the founders develop creative strategies to acquire publishers and journalists that don't cost a lot of money
- Set KPIs and targets and monitor them
- Optimize our marketing and sales processes
- Participate in meetings with publishers and journalists to collect feedback
- Help to develop relationships with our members and keep them on the platform
- Update and maintain our CRM system (HubSpot)
- Work on special projects, researching deeper into our member databases, and analyze our internal data (Value proposition design, buying persona’s, competitive analyze etc.)
What We Offer:
- A fast-growing company with vast responsibilities to take over
- Founders that put people first and do things differently
- An industry that is ready for disruption
- Smart minds who move fast and think global
- Flexible working hours and workplace
We're located in Munich but up to building a company with employees all over the world. So having your home base in Munich is not required, but you should be able to come to the office at least once per week.
If you're interested, write to our founder Lena Späth at email@example.com. We will be happy to meet you soon, live or in our virtual conference room!
The Story Market at a glance
The Story Market focuses on Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, News, and Journalism. Their company has offices in Munich. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.