The online marketplace for news articles and top freelance journalists
Operations InternNo salary
With our AI-driven matching algorithm, we select out of millions of news stories around the globe the ones that fit a specific publication or identify the best journalist to hire for a gig. We're an international online marketplace for journalists and content. Editors of media companies and brands can easily license articles via our platform, get them translated, or commission a story to one of our freelance correspondents.
The Story Market was founded by Lena Späth (www.linkedin.com/in/lenaspath) and Doris Wiedemann (www.linkedin.com/in/doris-wiedemann-54a2b) and has been supported by MediaLab Bayern, IBM and is currently a member of Grow F.
As a young start-up, we recently closed our first funding round and are now looking to grow the team with a new
Who You Are:
- You are a self-starter able to work independently while also working as part of a team
- You are curious and not shy to ask questions and learn
- You are a goal-getter, an ace in prioritizing and getting things done
- You think outside the box, like challenges, and don't stick to problems but look for solutions
- You know how to use Excel, Google's Suite, and are quick in wrapping your head around new tools like Hubspot, Notion, Typeform, and Co?
- You are fluent in English and German, and internationally-minded - we speak English, German, Persian, Dutch, Hindi, Spanish :)
- You are interested in the future of media and journalism or have even experience in the industry (text is our "bread and butter")
What You'll Do:
- Source freelance journalists and publications to resell their work
- Vet and onboard journalists and publications to ensure the quality of our marketplace
- Curate the stories produced by our members and update missing infos in the marketplace
- Analyse the usage of our marketplace by our members and make suggestions to our product team
- Help recommending matching stories to our clients
- Create blog posts and how-to-videos for our website
What We Offer:
- A fast-growing company with vast responsibilities to take over
- Founders that put people first and do things differently
- An industry that is ready for disruption
- Smart minds who move fast and think global
- Flexible working hours and workplace
We're located in Munich but up to building a company with employees all over the world. So having your home base in Munich is not required, but you should be able to come to the office at least once per week.
If you're interested, write to our founder Lena Späth at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to meet you soon, live or in our virtual conference room!
The Story Market at a glance
The Story Market focuses on Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, News, and Journalism. Their company has offices in Munich. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.