Making Privacy Possible
Writer / Technical Writer$65k – $100k • 0.15% – 0.25%
The Privacy Co. is looking for a writer to join our team to help us build great consumer privacy products. We are working to help everyone improve their online privacy and security, through our mobile platform, web properties, and online events. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate technology writer capable of producing materials to help our users understand and take action to enhance their privacy and security.
We’re a NYC-based, funded startup, open to both contract and full-time roles.
A deep knowledge and experience in writing about privacy and security, including software and services is required. We are looking for someone with a significant personal interest and history with the issues, tools, technology, and market surrounding personal privacy. Rich relevant published prior work samples required for consideration.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years’ experience as a published writer or technical writer
- Strong research skills; quick study on new technical topics
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Instructional materials development a significant plus
- Talent for concise and technically accurate writing
- Strong language, grammar, and editorial skills
- Comfortable with high volume work and tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Creating learning materials to aid users in improving privacy across range of devices and apps and services
- Writing for articles, lessons, videos, and webinars
- Research, organize, and manage production backlog
The Privacy Co. at a glance
The Privacy Co. focuses on Privacy, Software, and Cyber Security. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, The Privacy Co. has raised $3.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.