car insurance clarity for consumers
VP of Operations
The Zebra has grown year-over-year and we’re now seeking a VP of Operations (VPO) to help scale the organization. We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our senior leadership team, someone who will be hands-on with strong strategic, technical and operational orientation. Our VPO will provide exceptional leadership by establishing long-range operational goals, plans, and policies. Reporting directly to our CEO, the VPO will drive, lead and operationalize our OKRs, working with our leadership team to develop scalable business processes to support our rapid growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Optimize efficiency with the organization to maximize profits and customer satisfaction
- Work with our CEO & Executive Leadership Team to lead, develop and operationalize OKRs for the company, from planning/roadmapping through processes required to accommodate our growth objectives
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systemsIdentifies, recommends, and drives implementation of new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources
- Partner with all department leads to define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processesLead and manage a shared-services team of Project and Program Managers
- Anticipate problems and create mitigation pathways
- Monitor performance and proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to Executive Team, HR, and other leadership
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management
WHO YOU ARE
- Strategic and analytical: able to analyze, learn, and understand situations quickly and focus on the activities that matter the most
- Creative problem-solver: able to uncover the drivers of problems and opportunities, to find and test optimal solutions, and to design systems for solutions to scale
- A service-oriented leader: are interested in mentoring and motivating teammates with thoughtful, humble leadership
- Resilient & adaptable: Able to roll with the punches, when things invariably break during scale; effective fire-fighter
- Both intelligent and practical; possess the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Dedicated to learning: are committed to growing your skills and knowledge by keeping challenged, receiving feedback, asking questions, and rapidly testing hypotheses
- Extensive experience (minimum of 5 years) in operational leadership, insurance industry experience is a major plus
- B2C Tech Experience
- Change management: Able to influence stakeholders to effect (difficult) organizational change with a thoughtful approach from planning to monitoring
- Prioritization: Able to get things done in an environment with many competing demands
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US
- Large scale, cross-organizational 3rd party tool implementation and management (e.g. CRM)
BENEFITS + PERKS
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month
- )Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
Be healthy, be happy. The Zebra has comprehensive medical, vision and dental benefits, including a 100% employer-paid option.
We help you plan for your financial future. Whatever your goals are, we offer options to help you reach them.
Parental leave policy
Parents of a newborn or adopted child receive 20 weeks paid leave (16 weeks if they're a secondary caregiver) plus $5,000 "baby cash."
Plenty of vacay
Take the time you need to go climb a mountain, lounge on a beach—or just nap.
What'll it be—coffee, espresso, smoothie? It's on the house.
Get some R&R by booking time with our onsite masseur each week.
Massage? Rock climbing course? Pottery class? The Zebra will help sponsor your indulgence.
Your desk, your call! We have motorized desks so you can sit or stand as you please.
The Zebra at a glance
The Zebra focuses on Search, Automotive, Insurance, Startups, and Price Comparison. Their company has offices in Austin. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, The Zebra has raised $104.525M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.
You can view their website at http://www.thezebra.com