THE GLOBAL EXCHANGE FOR ADVERTISING. Digital advertising is on the verge of great change
Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise and Telaria’s talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms and connect with buyers across every channel and format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, and guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity will be NASDAQ: MGNI.
Staff accountant will support the accounting and finance teams by performing day to day accounting tasks, account analysis, and month end closing activities, with the goal of producing accurate financial statements while adhering to appropriate internal controls and meeting deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Understand underlying business and related processes as foundation for responsibilities.
- Prepare journal entries based on review of supporting reconciliations and schedules.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in the accrual process for both recurring and nonrecurring expenses.
- Process monthly bank activity journals related to line of credit, fees, and interest.
- Perform monthly bank statement reconciliations and maintain Cash Management sub-ledger for domestic accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Assets sub-ledger, including monthly FA additions, retirements, running/booking depreciation expense, and reconciliation to the GL.
- Review AP reports and general ledger detail for coding discrepancies and perform re-classes as needed.
- Maintain the Prepaid expense account and rollforward schedules.
- Perform Financial Statement fluctuation analysis and other ad hoc reviews, as needed
- Maintain adequate internal controls within the accounting processes to ensure well documented, accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Provide backup and support for senior accountant and accounting manager, as needed.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or Business, with minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in General Ledger accounting.
- Highly detail and deadline oriented with the ability to prioritize, focus and thrive in a high paced multi-tasking environment.
- Strong verbal and written skills along with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Motivated to learn and work hard.
- Public company experience and knowledge of internal controls preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Financials preferred
- Experience in the technology industry a plus
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!
Rubicon Project at a glance
Rubicon Project focuses on Media, Advertising, Real Time, Big Data, and Optimization. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Playa Vista. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Rubicon Project has raised $60M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2014.