A fabulous place to buy and sell authentic luxury brands
Senior Director, Men's Category
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The Senior Director overseeing our Men’s Category will be responsible for scaling the growth of the Men’s business at The RealReal. In addition to driving strategies to support both supply and demand, you will work with cross-functional partners across Editorial, Creative, Sales, Marketing & Operations to ensure a seamless customer and consignor experience while innovating in the market and shaping the next phase of growth of our organization. You will be a high-energy, self-starter with a keen understanding of business, strong financial acumen and a track record of success!
This position is located in San Francisco and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for revenue, sell thru, and conversion both online and in-store across the Men’s category
- Ensure the pricing, promotional strategies and marketing support the financial objectives of the brand
- Help shape the editorial content.
- Establish cross-functional relationships in order to effectively grow business.
- Continually research and explore new trends in the marketplace (both primary & secondary) to develop innovative merchandising strategies & programs across the Men’s category that disrupt the retail industry.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with Men’s category, along with an extensive network.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to mentor and develop the team
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to assess the business and offer insights and recommendations
- You will have experience developing strategic plans and effectively executed the strategies
- You will be a creative, solution oriented, out of the box thinker with excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain flexible and react to current business trends
*The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. *