A fabulous place to buy and sell authentic luxury brands
Luxury Manager - New York, NY
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is looking for independent, entrepreneurial individuals who have the ability to work with very discriminating clientele and have a passion for the luxury product. The Luxury Manager will focus exclusively on new business that offers free White Glove Consignment service for the country’s largest authenticated online luxury consignment marketplace.
This position is based in New York, NY and will report to the Regional Director of Field Sales.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive New Business
- Prospect new and existing connections in your network. These include Stylists, personal shoppers, boutique owners, sales associates, and individual consignors
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal
Meet the aggressive monthly goal for the market while maintaining focus on premier luxury product
- Meet or exceed goals for your geographic market via self-generated + corporate leads
Constantly prospect and develop new relationships and connections in order to drive business. These include Stylists, personal shoppers, boutique owners, sales associates, and individual consignors
Review Contract during In-Home Appointments
Seamless handoff to Account Luxury Manager at Day 30 to help continue building strong relationship with TRR for continued business + referrals
Customer Service Issue Resolution
- Proactively resolve any consignor issues/concerns
Set pricing expectations through deep knowledge of luxury and stay up-to-date on resale trends + what has low/high resale value
Carefully review + process all items for shipment to ensure everything is cataloged + up to TRR’s high-quality standards
Strong ability to multitask
- Balance appointments, outreach, prospecting and customer service issues
- Availability evenings and weekends, to accomodate appointment requests
- Relationships with a large number of luxury fashion clients who you could immediately convert to consignors is a must. You should also have a very strong network of professional or personal contacts who could also yield additional consignors
- 5+ years of work experience in luxury retail, styling, or luxury public relations
- A strong sales ability and mentality paired with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to establish trust is mission critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals
- Critical knowledge of luxury brands. Great attention to detail and customer service
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems
- Active in community and charitable organizations is a plus
- Ability to work nights/weekends when needed to accommodate the client’s request for an appointment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
*The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. *