Building the World's greatest toys
Client Services Superstar£30k – £35k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Compensation: £30,000 to £35,000 DOE + bonus scheme
Location: Soho / Central London (remote during CV-19)
Holiday: 25 days per year, option to take 1 month off unpaid per year after 1 year service
Share options scheme: After 6 months with us - we want everyone to feel ‘ownership’ of the company
Benefits: Free Santander cycle hire, Picturehouse membership, access to online courses and more on the way
Start date: Ideally middle of June, potential to be flexible for the right candidate and a little CV-19 dependent - but fairly urgent
C-19 friendly process: We'll likely do the majority of initial interviews by video call, but will look to meet candidates in person (as per Govt. guidelines and where safe and suitable to do so) before final decision is made.
The Little Car Company
As it says in the name, we make little cars. But they're more than a little bit special.
The Little Car Company makes officially-branded drivable little cars for luxury high-end motor manufacturers. They are 75% scale, 100% electric and 200% fun tributes to classic cars; boasting swappable batteries, a sliding pedal box, regenerative braking and three different speed modes. We’re already making cars for Bugatti, and there are more to follow.
Beautifully engineered vehicles don't just appear at our client's front doors - they are a result of months and sometimes years of meticulous design, dedicated craftsmanship, uncompromising testing and a personal customer experience second to none.
That doesn't happen without an exceptionally talented team fuelled by a determination to create truly remarkable vehicles, whilst having a ton of fun along the way. We work with the best car manufacturers in the business, so are only looking to recruit amazing talent to our small but highly functioning team.
We are building something special, an environment where everyone looks forward to their Monday mornings (our CEO Ben literally bounds out of bed each morning) and everyone in the company knows the difference they are making and can see how much value they are adding every day.
It helps that our products are pretty awesome too, meaning you get to answer the quintessentially British ‘So what do you do?’ question with ‘I’m part of this cool little company that makes scaled down, fully electric classic cars’.
As we look to grow exponentially in the next few years (our product pipeline is exciting to say the least), we are now looking for a new addition to our energetic client services team.
Our clients are extremely excited to take delivery of their cars in the coming months, with all the fun of personalising and choosing specifications that comes with it. The client services team acts as the personal liaison to guide clients through their entire purchase experience. Starting from the moment they first get in touch to the first time they get behind the wheel of their customised vehicles, to after sales care (and beyond, as we grow The Little Car Club events community)
As with the nature of a high growth start-up, there will be a huge amount of variety in the role and we are looking for someone who is willing to get stuck in and develop their skills within this role. For example we’re also looking for someone to take the reins of our digital marketing / social media, so if this is in your skillset - we will consider this a bonus!
The day-to-day responsibilities:
- Ownership of your own set of clients (usually HNWI / UHNWI), meaning you get to build relationships and ‘hold their hands’ throughout their whole experience.
- Assist with our digital marketing and social media activity, helping build the brand through great content with the help of our videographers / photographers (nice to have, not essential)
- Helping to host test drive days for potential clients as well as press and influencers
- Helping out at a selection of industry events where required e.g. Geneva Motor Show / Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
- Supporting the Commercial Team and occasional EA to the CEO - everyone DJs, makes the coffee and works towards making the office a better place to be.
- Ad-hoc business admin tasks (may include HR, office management etc.)
What you bring to the table:
- Experience in a customer-facing industry - we are looking for someone that comes across well over email / the phone and enjoys chatting to our clients – the majority of whom are HNWIs. You will need to be confident and (sometimes) firm with the clients but the key is to build a relationship of trust and respect
- 3+ years experience of working in a fast moving company
- Passionate about the little personal touches that make our clients feel that little bit more special / finding creative solutions to the challenges that will inevitably pop up along the way
- Experience in growing brands through digital marketing, content creation, social media management etc. (not essential but will benefit your application)
- Interest in our products - you don’t have to be a petrolhead (even some of the founding team aren’t) but you do have to be excited about our cars - which hopefully should be pretty easy!
- Comfortable working in a fairly unstructured environment where you have plenty of autonomy – we’re a pretty flat structure, as we expect everyone to be high-performing and self-managing. It’s an entrepreneurial environment which keeps things interesting, but isn’t for everyone!
- Switched on and can take the initiative, you don't need to be told what to do all the time. We want people who look for problems and solve them without being asked.
- Self-motivating – you’ll have full support along the way but we won’t hold your hand throughout.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- If you have the basics (ideally more!) of a language this will also benefit your application
- Ability to use Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook.
- Experience in Slack, CRM systems and MailChimp is useful, but not critical
…and lots more. Being a start-up, we’d expect whoever assumes the role to have adaptability, flexibility and can-do attitude.
Details / perks
- Full time in central London co-working (Soho) with associated benefits. The cars will be built outside of London, but the role will remain London-based. There may be occasional travel with the company as required, potentially nationally / internationally.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable (but not essential) for trips outside of London.
- Competitive salary and 25 days holiday a year.
- Opportunity for equity ownership / stock options and compensation will increase as we grow – ultimately you are in control of your destiny and the rewards will be there for the right people.
- Growth opportunities - we have access to a wide selection of online training courses, from sales to mindfulness, to help grow you as a team member
- We’re working on the perks, and increasing them as we go. So far these include Santander bike subscription, Picturehouse cinema membership, team dinners etc.
Please provide a cover letter / email with a brief description of your background, relevant experience and what makes you different from everyone else. In approximately 400 words or less please - consider this your highlight reel to entice us to open your CV.
Should you not hear from us by the end of the job posting period, it is likely you have been unsuccessful on this occasion - we will, however, keep all CVs on file for future roles as we grow.