One open system. For all of humankind. Together
Contributing Editors are physicians passionate about teaching, service, and quality of care. Contributing Editors will use their clinical knowledge and skills to assure that the quality of the cases and medical expertise shared by the Human Diagnosis Project (Human Dx) meets the highest standards of care.
Contributing Editors will
- Review and provide feedback on 10-20 clinical cases and medical decisions within the Contributing Editor’s specialty. Each case takes 3-5 minutes to review.
- Author 1-2 online clinical vignettes for teaching purposes each month. Each vignette takes approximately 30 minutes to create.
- Facilitate virtual clinical discussions on a range of specialty-specific topics and cases as topics arise from the Human Dx community. Each discussion requires less than 10 minutes to facilitate.
- Have opportunities to:
- Publish original research articles and scientific abstracts in peer-reviewed journals.
- Present at regional and national conferences.
Ideal candidates have
- Graduated from or practice in a top U.S.-based training program or hospital.
- Board certification in a specialty or subspecialty field.
- A commitment to high-quality care.
- A commitment to teaching in and service to their profession.
- An ability to be organized and self-directed to independently accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills.
Application for the Contributing Editor position is a competitive process and follows three steps:
- Applicants submit their basic information, CV, and complete the application questions (see form below).
- Selected applicants will be asked to provide a brief work sample.
- Selected applicants will participate in an interview by video conference.
Location: Remote. All work is conducted virtually.
Time commitment: 3-5 hours per month and flexibly scheduled.
Compensation: Contributing Editors will be compensated for their activity, up to a $2,500 honorarium.
Questions: Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.