We're on a mission to change the world, one product at a time
We appreciate your interest in employment with The Honest Company! The Honest Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at 1.888.862.8818 or 1.310.857.3020.
Founded in 2012, The Honest Company® is a mission-driven consumer products company dedicated to empowering people to live happy, healthy lives. Consumers seeking thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective baby, personal care and beauty products, along with education and support can find The Honest Company products across North America via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 17,000 retail locations. Beginning in spring 2019, consumers in Europe can find Honest Beauty at select Douglas retail locations. A leader in the natural baby category and a trailblazer in clean beauty, The Honest Company is committed to ensuring all families have access to basic necessities and the latest health information for safe growth and development — a commitment reflected in its ongoing partnerships with organizations such as Baby2Baby and Mount Sinai. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We’ve kicked off the search for a Brand Manager who will lead the development of the brand positioning and assortment architecture for our new business categories. You will lead the life cycle brand vision including product research and ideation, go-to-market launch campaigns, continued vertical growth and development, and ongoing consumer research and analysis. You will have P/L responsibility for these emerging verticals and their current and future portfolio of products.
What you'll do:
● Drive the vision, overarching strategy, and positioning for our emerging categories - - Cleaning, Vitamins and Supplements
● Lead portfolio strategy and partner with Research and Development to develop a multi-year innovation pipeline
● Spearhead all marketing planning and campaign development in conjunction with marketing cross-functional team including PR, creative, performance marketing, social, CRM, and retail marketing teams
● Develop category and product playbook including communication dossier, advertising guidelines, features and benefits (functional, technical and emotional), reason to believe, education priorities and competitive positioning
● Manage the current business and own the category vertical P/L, leading integrated business planning and go-to-market strategies for new product launches
● Partner with sales team and retail marketing team to define and develop trade marketing and promotional tools including sampling, sets, GWP, displays and other consumer elements
● Ensure executive and retailer buy-in along the new product development path
You’ll love this job if you’re:
A critical thinker. Solutions oriented with impeccable attention to detail
● Highly organized. You can work in a high-pressure environment with multiple projects, being able to dovetail high priority projects
● A strong leader. Exhibit initiative and sense of urgency to drive to execution against goals, including on time launches and minimal variance vs. budget
● Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
● Bachelor’s degree
● 4-6 years experience in brand management, global marketing, or consulting for a reputable CPG brand
● Proven track record of building intelligent, data-driven, profit generating strategies
● Proven track record of configuring, concepting and altering consumer product portfolios
● Experience working with retail (food, drug, mass, specialty) and eCommerce partners
● Expert knowledge of communicating features, benefits and values to consumers
● Team player with experience working with and leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
Bonus points for:
● MBA or similar degree
● Experience in the cleaning and/or vitamins and supplements categories
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.
Health, dental, and vision
401k with company match
Generous maternity and paternity leave
Flexible (unlimited) vacation policy
Monthly fitness reimbursement, plus onsite fitness classes
Employee discounts on all products
The Honest Company at a glance
The Honest Company focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, Dietary Supplements, and Lifestyle. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, The Honest Company has raised $503M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.