Education benefits leader. Offers scalable solutions for preparing today's workforce for tomorrow
Senior Product Manager, Platform
The Senior Product Manager, Platform is a newly created role, reporting to Jamie Masterson (Director of Product, Payments and Platform), focused on building new data services that enable our internal and external consumers to access student funding details and solutions.
In this role you will:
- Own the product strategy, roadmap, and delivery against the roadmap for all funding related platform investments.
- Use data, user research and market knowledge to craft a vision for your product area and identify areas of opportunity, building a business case for new product investments.
- Lead cross-functional projects related to framing and delivering student funding solutions for internal and external consumers.
- Work directly with engineering, analytics, and senior leadership to deliver effective product(s) to market.
- Act as the Product Owner for Guild’s funding platform and features, including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
In this role you will collaborate closely with: Andrew Leede (PM, Payments), Brittany Abisambra (Senior Product Manager, Platform & APIs), Mae Podesta (SVP, Marketplace Operations and Payment Strategy), Jack Chang (Senior Manager of Business Intelligence Infrastructure).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience in a product management role, working on cross-functional platform initiatives.
- An understanding of how database schema enables product features and capabilities.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders.
- Helped fast-growth businesses develop configurable and scalable solutions.
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering and non-technical partner teams to lead delivery of product solutions.
- Experience with working with Looker/Tableau (ability to write SQL preferred).
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- Experience with marketplace, payments or B2B2C businesses is a plus.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Guild’s product teams leverage technology to help connect and scale our education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably.
Guild just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our latest $157 million financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Guild Education at a glance
Guild Education focuses on Education, Career Planning, Employer Benefits Programs, and Higher Education. Their company has offices in Denver and Colorado. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Guild Education has raised $31.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017.