Education benefits leader. Offers scalable solutions for preparing today's workforce for tomorrow
Technical Program Manager
Guild is hiring for a Technical Program Manager. As a Technical Program Manager you will play a pivotal role in scaling the organization and further developing our technology delivery capabilities and best practices.
In particular, we are looking for someone who is exceptional at managing internal and external stakeholders, can provide technical expertise, and is not afraid to navigate through ambiguous opportunities to help drive partnership delivery at Guild.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will:
- Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads, and product managers to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software implementation projects
- Drive technical partner conversations and serve as Guild’s technical representative in client discussions
- Own and manage technical scoping and program management for our existing and new partnership needs
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality
- Ability to screen and discriminate projects by assessing business impact with cross-functional stakeholders
- Identify the technical impact of partner implementation requirements; coordinate the clarification of those requirements with technical and product stakeholders
- Lead cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives to unblock issues.
- Track and ensure release criteria are met to meet our partners needs
- Drive information sharing, and collecting, and disseminating of standard methodologies across all technical program management teams
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years in software development organization, with at least 3 years in direct technical project or program management
- Experience handling complex software projects and applying agile methodologies
- Significant client management and communication experience
- A demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong technical background and ability to understand complex product functionality, design and technical issues, in order to drive the right priorities, trade-offs and resolutions
- Very well organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially as it relates to understanding and translating expectations across multiple parties
- Ability to lead and multi-task across multiple projects and teams
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Guild Education at a glance
Guild Education focuses on Education, Career Planning, Employer Benefits Programs, and Higher Education. Their company has offices in Denver and Colorado. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Guild Education has raised $31.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017.