Reimagining and delivering life-changing period products everywhere
Creative Project Manager
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative and sustainable period products. Our mission is to create industry-defining products and services that set a new global standard for period health. Four years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our new product was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere. Flex started as a digitally native brand with one product, and quickly grew to a family of period products sold online and in top national retailers such as Target, CVS, and Walgreens.
The Flex Disc™and Flex Cup™ generate 60% less waste than tampons and pads and can be worn for up to 12 hours, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager who delights in building, operating, and updating creative production systems and processes with limited oversight. They will be the chief operator within our highly-skilled, hard-working, in-house creative agency to ensure that marketing campaigns, programs, and assets can be delivered on-time and with excellence. They will work closely with a talented team of designers, writers, and editors. They will build plans for, and project manage, large cross-functional initiatives led by the brand and creative teams. They will be the right hand to the VP Brand, Creative Director, and Editorial Lead, taking notes, kicking back incomplete briefs, owning prioritization and assignment, setting deadlines, and probing on dependencies and deliverables that lack clarity. They must live and breathe Asana. They will select and implement other tech tools as needed to optimize for scale and increase efficiency.
The ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience in project management at a creative agency or a high-growth consumer brand. They are a strong individual contributor and cross-functional partner, but may also have ambitions of managing a PM team as the company grows.
Due to Covid-19, this role will work remotely for the remainder of 2020. Long-term, it will be based at our headquarters in Venice, CA or a satellite office in Oakland, CA.
- Create project management plans and schedules for meaty cross-functional projects that are driven by the brand and creatives teams. These may include: Website refreshes, packaging redesigns, RFPs for agencies, etc.
- Develop and execute plans for omnichannel marketing campaigns, including interactive product design, digital display ads, print, OOH, film and video, illustration, animation, photography, email, experiential activations, and packaging.
- Run intake/briefing process, meetings for prioritization of creative requests, and assignment process.
- Implement and administer our instance of Asana.
- Calendar and manage creative reviews, stakeholder meetings, and creative presentations, upholding to strict decision criteria.
- Manage meeting decks, agendas, and team resources.
- Manage projects against deadlines. Communicate project timelines and roadmaps within the brand & creative team and to broader company stakeholders.
- Send weekly status reports.
- Track internal team data and perform analyses.
- Onboard creatives and brand managers on PM tools/software.
- Knowledge of the creative process.
- Excellent writing skills to deliver work that is well-written, clear, and error-free.
- Best-in-class organizational skills and attention to detail.A knack for spotting opportunities for greater efficiency within teams and projects.
- Extensive experience using Asana project management software.
- Comfort partnering and negotiating with senior executives.
- Experience managing projects across multiple offices and time zones, including with remote team members and contractors.
- Advanced knowledge of GSuite and Adobe tools.
- Demonstrated network of third-party vendors, agencies, and contractors (desired)
- Experience leading. Design Thinking sessions and implementing DS methodology (desired)
- PMP certification (desired)
- You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, and opportunities rather than out of fear.
- You optimize for trust. You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- You have a growth mindset. You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact every day.
- You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!).
- You stay calm, collected, and positive under tight deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- You can inspire a high-performing creative team to do the best work of their careers.
In 30 days you will:
- Feel passionate about the company mission, vision, and values.
- Have a strong understanding of the brand strategy and your core responsibilities.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and partners and implement clear lines of communication.
- Lay the foundation for managing Flex’s creative projects in Asana.
In 60 days you will:
- Establish a robust prioritization process for the creative team projects and communicate them to the wider organization.
- Lead status meetings and manage the daily production schedule.
- Review design mockups for consistency and adherence to Flex conventions.
In 90 Days you will:
- Work on large, conceptual projects as well as day-to-day design requests.
- Define and communicate the creative team’s roadmap.
- Measure creative performance and efficiency using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Ensure that your work is replicated in other departments that need project management. Expertly apply the 80/20 rule.
Medical, dental & vision
90% of benefits paid, 80% of dependents
12 weeks of paid leave
Equity participation for all employees
Fully unplugged time off
17 days of PTO + national holidays
Four-legged friends welcomed
Dog-friendly office with plenty of playmates
Annual learning credit
$1,000 credit towards professional development
Plenty of teambuilding
Two company off sites, happy hours and organic social events
The Flex Company at a glance
The Flex Company focuses on E-Commerce, Medical Devices, Consumer Goods, Women-Focused, and Sex. Their company has offices in Venice Beach and Venice. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, The Flex Company has raised $4.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2016.