Reimagining and delivering life-changing period products everywhere
Three years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our creation was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere as “life-changing.” Since that time we’ve rapidly grown our business. FLEX started as a digitally native brand with one product, and quickly grew to a family of period products sold in top national retailers including Target and CVS.
Now The Flex Company is seeking a talented, full-time product manager to join our team to help our business and technology scale. Reporting directly to the Head of Product the product manager will help evolve our website to enable us to create best in-class experiences for our customers. This role is pivotal to the future of technology at The Flex Company as you will help set the direction for how our digital product experience enhances the physical product experience.
- Growth focused Product Manager who will work with Growth, Engineering, and Design to ship high-impact product
- An ideal candidate is someone who has a growth mindset, takes accountability, and is a great teammate
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, & vision and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years in a product role with measurable successes (e.g., conversion, engagement, subscriber, and/or revenue growth)
- Consumer experience is a must, ecommerce experience a strong plus
- Deep customer empathy
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as, if not more important than the functional fit (see values below)
- Highly analytical (proficiency in generating unique, actionable, customer insights through data)
- Proficiency in Tableau, SQL, and/or Excel a plus
- You know how to work cross-functionally with creative, growth, CRM and marketing to accomplish audacious goals
In 1 Month You Will
- Identify a quick win / shipped one product
- Meet and get to know the your team and all cross-functional teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer experience, growth and retention strategies and product roadmap.
- Understand key reports, KPIs, and analytics tools.
- Become fully integrated in the technology team’s day-to-day functions, including daily stand-ups and weekly prioritization meetings.
- Review past audits on the current state of our conversion and retention funnels and develop a point-of-view on optimization.
- Develop a strong grasp of our tech stack and the Shopify app ecosystem (including ReCharge).
- Understand deeply the “why” behind everything we do.
In 3 Months You Will:
- Own and launch large projects from concept to delivery that deliver impact to our business and customers
- Begin to manage the sprint cycle + ticketing process in Asana.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to collect requirements to develop and propose business solutions.
- Be part of the discovery phase to propose solutions comprising domain, technology and process knowledge.
- Analyze data and usage patterns to understand, develop, and articulate business requirements.
- Work closely with developers, designers, stakeholders, QA, and analytics to take ideas from concept to launch.
- Leverage data to report on the performance of product launches.
In 6 Months You Will:
- Ship products that meaningfully changed the trajectory of major parts of the business
- Own core functional meetings including stand-ups, cross-functional meetings, and retrospectives.
- Become a primary point of contact for cross-functional teams on the day-to-day happenings of the product team.
- Feel comfortable managing multiple projects at a time and execute seamlessly.
- Work closely with the Head of Product to review and iterate on the technology team process.
- Provide recommendations on buy vs. build decisions when evaluating new features and functionality.
- Instill that understanding of “why” across all levels of the organization.
Our Shared Values
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview)!
Medical, dental & vision
90% of benefits paid, 80% of dependents
12 weeks of paid leave
Equity participation for all employees
Fully unplugged time off
17 days of PTO + national holidays
Four-legged friends welcomed
Dog-friendly office with plenty of playmates
Annual learning credit
$1,000 credit towards professional development
Plenty of teambuilding
Two company off sites, happy hours and organic social events
The Flex Company at a glance
The Flex Company focuses on E-Commerce, Medical Devices, Consumer Goods, Women-Focused, and Sex. Their company has offices in Venice Beach and Venice. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, The Flex Company has raised $4.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2016.