American infrastructure and tunnel construction services company
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a Service Technician, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and servicing a fleet of Tesla vehicles. You will make basic repairs, keep detailed records, and ensure our vehicles are running at their best every day.
- Service Tesla vehicles by performing: tire changes, wheel swaps, fluid replenishments, door handle replacements, wiper blade replacements, drive unit replacements, basic diagnostics, electrical wiring and harness building, body adjustments, and AC work.
- Self-manage technical expertise development with support from senior techs and management.
- Follow all Tesla specified Repair Guidelines to the accepted quality levels.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
- Perform equipment inspections and calibrations.
- Maintain records of time, expenses and materials.
- Clean and detail vehicles if needed.
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit.
- High School Diploma, or Associate Degree or Certificate
- Minimum 2 years experience in an automotive related technician/mechanic role or;
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Tesla service technician
- Work experience in a related technology space (Aeronautics, Engines, Electrical, ships etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to change
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail
- Motivated to work in a High paced, dynamic environment
- Basic computer use expertise (Excel, Web Browsers, Word)
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- ASE Certified and training in high voltage systems
Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
Competitive amount of equity
The Boring Company at a glance
The Boring Company focuses on Mechanical Solutions. Their company has offices in Hawthorne. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, The Boring Company has raised $112.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.