Personalizing guest interactions and generating incremental revenue
Front-End Engineer$70k – $130k
Who we are
Thanx helps offline retailers build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers to drive incremental revenue through our integrated CRM, marketing automation, loyalty, feedback, and digital experience platform.
It’s an exciting time to join the Thanx team. Strong product-market fit has led to rapid growth. We now find ourselves at the forefront of helping brick and mortar retailers transform in the face of a rapidly changing digital ecosystem brought on by disruptive e-commerce businesses such as Amazon, DoorDash, and Uber Eats.
With 580% two-year growth in users on our platform and an average customer size that has tripled in the last year alone, Thanx is poised to grow rapidly. Thanx is backed by some of the best VCs including Sequoia Capital and Icon Ventures.
As part of our core philosophy, We Welcome Diverse Perspectives. We Focus On What Matters. We Find A Way. We Value Empathy Over Ego. We Say “Thanx” Genuinely. We literally say "Thanx" to each other in team meetings every week, as corny as it may be.
About your role
We’re a strong engineering team that is building a platform to enable retailers to compete in a world being threatened by the disruptive e-commerce businesses. With millions of users and thousands of businesses on the platform, we’ve found strong product-market fit and are growing rapidly. We’re building out massively scalable backend systems and APIs, beautifully designed user experiences, and highly intelligent marketing tools. We take pride in our platform and recognize the value of paying down tech debt, investing in the future, and truly making our codebases enjoyable to operate in. As Thanx continues to quickly grow, we’re expanding our engineering team.
Tech we use:
- Frontend: React, React Native, Redux, Typescript
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Golang, gRPC
- Data: Elasticsearch, MySQL, Postgres, Airflow, Keras
- Infrastructure: AWS, Fargate, Lambda, Terraform, Docker
Who you are
As an ideal candidate, you enjoy practicing the craft of software engineering - writing high-quality code, building high-impact products, and finding elegant solutions for tough problems.
- This is a hands-on role. You will spend significant time writing code
- You will develop beautiful, performant user experiences with modern technology
- Though you are frontend-focused, you understand how end-to-end systems fit together
- You will learn from and collaborate with a talented engineering team
- You will have opportunities to work across the full stack
- You’re always learning new frameworks, languages, and tools
- You’re a fantastic team player: communicative, collaborative, empathetic
- You thrive in a distributed team environment
You like have
- 2-5 years of professional frontend engineering experience
- Expertise in React or comparable SPA technology
- State of the art computer & tech setup
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dentals plans
- Take-what-you-need time off
- Commuter benefits
- 401K plan
- FSA plan
- Volunteer events
- Team outings
- Collaborative office space
- Continuous supply of snacks
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Thanx will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Medical, dental, FSA, 401k, and parental leave
Competitive salary & equity packages
Unlimited PTO & Sick Time
Snacks, drinks, & beer/cider on tap
Sf & denver offices close to public transport
Team activities & happy hours
Education budgets & hackathons
Thanx at a glance
Thanx focuses on Mobile, CRM, Loyalty Programs, Offline Businesses, and Consumer. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Denver. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Thanx has raised $23.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2016.