Come help us, help people stay connected
Senior Data Scientist$140k – $220k
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team. As a Senior Data Scientist, you should be comfortable working in an agile environment, have a “can-do” attitude, work well in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision, and mentor others. Ideally, you should be a self-starter, quick learner, and a great team player.
What You’ll Do:
- Build models to address key growth challenges such as audience segmentation, content personalization, and anti-fraud detection. Build and test predictive systems for calculating user propensity traits (e.g. likelihood to perform a given action, churn, lifetime value, etc.)
- Recommend business strategy using deep understanding of data & what drives growth for our business. Frame & communicate recommendations with a clear view into the assumptions made and the rigor employed in the analysis.
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to upper management in support of strategic decision-making.
- Responsible for full cycle development of models from data collection, cleansing, feature engineering, model selection, prototyping, validation to A/B testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance.
- Develop data collection, forecasting, and reporting procedures that instantly highlight business opportunities, flag potential issues, and ease reporting to all business stakeholders.
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain dashboards to surface operational efficiencies and drive decisioning quality.
- Define and evaluate key metrics across the company, understanding what moves them and why.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit with deep experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, optimization, natural language processing, deep neural networks).
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with at least 7+ years of experience extracting, transforming and working with large sets of data; and a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Someone who takes action and ownership with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence, and collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. Excited and hungry to try new tools and processes to achieve results.
- Respectfully candid with an excellent communication skill; proven ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and concisely with conviction to all levels of partners.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who has a strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and a keen eye for detail through thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it.
- Resourceful and scrappy with advanced Python and SQL programming skills
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow at a glance
TextNow focuses on Mobile, Digital Media, and Communications Infrastructure. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Waterloo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.textnow.com