Human Layer Security for Email
Account Executive - San Francisco$90k – $170k • 0.0% – 0.01%
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer.
Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by renowned investors like Sequoia, Accel and Balderton and has offices in San Francisco and London.
Sales at Tessian
Having found exceptional product/market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up’, and looking for Account Executives to capitalize on the huge demand for our product.
Funded by VCs such as Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, we’re building out our commercial presence in new markets and geographies and are looking for passionate entrepreneurs, builders and straight up hustlers to help us build something special.
We’re looking for outstanding tech salespeople who have consistently hit target and thrive in taking full ownership of the sales cycle, from lead generation through to closing. You’ll be an articulate presenter and a strategic planner but above all, dynamic and goal-oriented.
This role will be based in our new San Francisco office - while being part of a wider team with our London office, where we are headquartered.
We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a company and embarking on the scale-up phase is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable, and be brilliant at continually re-prioritizing what must get done to keep Tessian growing year over year at the pace of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history.
In this role you'll get to:
- Generate, manage and forecast a sales pipeline on your own
- Present our product to senior executives in client meetings
- Navigate through complex sales cycles with some of the most prestigious companies across North America
- Be able to anticipate, manage and influence prospect objections
- Ensure high level of responsiveness with prospects through the sales process
- Proactively source new leads and new business opportunities, with the support of the sales development and marketing functions.
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up, and generate interest
- Collaborate with team members and find strategic ways to win business
- Build strong relationships with your prospects but also all internal stakeholders involved in the sales cycle
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a track record for exceeding targets in tech sales, ideally in venture-backed B2B SaaS, or 3+ years in a high-performing professional environment
- Ideally has broad experience from lead generation through to closing deals
- Presents themselves as highly credible and articulate face-to-face, over the phone, and via email
- Has a confident persona and can deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- Is very good at communicating complex technological ideas in a simple, compelling way
- Is highly professional and results obsessed
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of starting up a new office of a fast-growth, Sequoia-&-Accel-backed technology company
- Great startup culture
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews
- Generous PTO policies
- Flexible working hours and work from home policies including flexibility for parents and caregivers
- We offer three tiers of plans, with the lowest tier of Aetna health insurance 100% paid for by Tessian (no employee contribution required), with a $0 in-network deductible.
- 401K Company Match: 100% of first 1% and 50% of next 5%
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on including laptop, phone and peripheral accessories
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- Monthly fitness subsidy of $60 towards ClassPass
- If you’re coming from far away, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the global company is international and we are always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move. Please note however that we are unable to sponsor US visas.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
Tessian at a glance
Tessian focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Professional Services. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Tessian has raised $59.107M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.