Electric cars, giant batteries and solar
Associate Product Manager
Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy by bringing high-performance electric vehicles and sustainable energy products to market. This mission requires fast paced innovation and execution.
At Tesla, we celebrate experimentation and unconventional thinking to find solutions to problems previously thought unsolvable. The Digital Products team is transforming how people purchase automotive and energy products. Our team is composed of product managers, business analysts, UX designers, and full stack software engineers, working together to create elegant solutions to complex problems. Tesla’s digital portfolio is more than a channel, combining websites, mobile apps, field technology and retail store experiences into seamless customer experiences. We run lean, move quickly and pride ourselves on accelerating Tesla from start-up to scaled enterprise without losing our scrappy spirit.
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager who is willing to undertake an insane challenge. How do you make a complex transaction like installing a residential energy system as simple as buying a book online? You will not be asked to manage incremental improvements to arbitrary KPIs. You’ll be expected to create something the world has never seen.
- Drive product roadmap and execution for the ordering platform for Tesla’s energy products
- Work with our world class engineers, designers, analysts and other stakeholders to drive Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy forward
- Establish a vision for your product, lead ideation alongside your peers, and drive execution to ship simple and creative features that solve real user problems
- Marry both qualitative and quantitative testing methods to develop a strategic roadmap, which may often require unconventional solutions and approaches
- Communicate the impact of your team’s efforts widely in order to drive business outcomes
- B.S. degree required, MBA or other graduate degree preferred (e.g., engineering, applied math / data science)
- 2+ years product management experience in a consumer products company
- Bridging online and offline domains for full customer journey impact
- Piloting and prototyping before investing
- Building digital products from the ground-up
Tesla Motors at a glance
Tesla Motors focuses on Automotive. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Tesla Motors has raised $823M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2012.