A mobile platform democratizing real estate for savers, investors, and landlords
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)$120k – $200k
Tellus is seeking an experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join the existing founding team to build, lead, and oversee the strategy, development, and performance of our real estate fintech platform. We are looking for a product and user experience oriented engineer with the ability to lead and influence in a fast pace and challenging environment.
The CTO will be based out of Palo Alto but working with a remote and distributed team around the globe.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Own the technology strategy, processes, and organizational structure for the company as it scales
- Communicate and work collaboratively with the rest of the organization
- Lead and grow the development team and build out necessary technology leadership infrastructure to support the organization
- Work with legal partners to ensure systems and processes comply with appropriate regulatory frameworks
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development with at least 5+ years in a management or senior leadership role
- 2+ years of experience operating in a small, fast-growing startup environment with limited resources
- Some familiarity with financial modeling or quantitatively oriented
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience hiring technology talent, building teams, and implementing processes
- Experience collaborating with outside partners and vendors
- Solid understanding of the project lifecycle and product management processes
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on to be flexible and resourceful
- Ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple balls effectively
- Based in SF Bay Area
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field of study
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Understands the problems that will be faced during hyper-growth, and is excited to tackle these challenges head on
- Makes an impact on the business and organization beyond his/her immediate team
- Strives for continuous improvement and development. Never settles and looks for the next challenge or next step to grow and expand
- Leads by example. Ensure the team understands and adheres to company standards and operating procedures
- Attracts, retains, develop, and inspires world-class talent
- Thrives under uncertainty and ambiguity. Persistent and motivated under pressure
- A professional that understands how to build scalable technology, while also understanding the nuances of real estate and investing Interest in real estate and/or investing is a major plus
Competitive salary plus meaningful equity package
Salary and equity are negotiable.
Tellus at a glance
Tellus focuses on Mobile, Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance Technology, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.