Backend Developer (Ruby/Rails)$80k – $160k • 0.02% – 0.2%
Tellus is an ambitious real estate technology startup founded by serial entrepreneurs in 2016 to become the most comprehensive platform for investors and homeowners. This unique sector is riddled with extreme fragmentation and plagued by uninspired product offerings — yet at the same time, real estate contributes up to 18% of the U.S. GDP. We’re a team of seasoned operators and developers with home base in the Silicon Valley who loves to move fast and wants to do something no one has figured out.
You’ll be joining the Tellus team at an exceptionally exciting time of growth and have the opportunity to make major contributions to ensure a quality product for our users. We’re looking for motivated and resourceful software engineers to help drive development of more exciting new features, while contributing a positive impact on the process and how we develop at Tellus. You’ll work across Tellus’s stack, developing and maintaining effective and robust code and APIs, contributing to and validating new product ideas, designing new solutions and constantly striving to improve the standards we set as an engineering team.
We’re hooked on translating complex structures and workflows into a simple and elegant process; impassioned by our customers’ response and feedback; and dedicated to building great products. If you’re looking for a challenge unlike any other and yearning to join an experienced team, then hit us up!
What you’ll do:
• Build scalable and sustainable RESTful APIs, deploy and maintain them effectively.
• Operate across our tech stack, debugging problems from UI to backend systems.
• Integrate our tech stack and data pipeline into a scalable platform built on Ruby/Rails.
• Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
• Test and deploy programs and systems.
• Fix and improve existing services.
What you bring:
• Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field of study
• 3+ years experience building backend applications in a fast-paced environment.
• Expertise in designing and scaling web APIs and other backend services.
• Proficiency with Ruby (Rails); and knowledge of Node, Python, or other popular server-side programming languages are a nice to have.
• Strong knowledge and experience with spec, performance debugging and monitoring, and task automation.
• Extensive SQL skills and the ability to analyze large and complex datasets.
• Self-driven motivation, open to collaboration and willingness to grow as an engineer.
Tellus at a glance
Tellus focuses on Mobile, Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance Technology, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.