Real estate mobile platform: high-yield cash account, property management, investing
Marketing & Content Intern - Spring 2021No salary
Marketing & Content Intern
Academic Year Internship (Remote Positions) *
*Interested applicants should email their resumes, class schedule, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide at least 5 sentences of first impressions and/or feedback on the app’s user experience.** We are looking for individuals with strong critical analysis and attention to detail. Visit www.tellusapp.com for more information.
Get $250 for Intern referrals*
As a Marketing & Content Intern at Tellus, you’ll be working closely with a mission-driven and passionate team of marketers to develop and execute marketing strategies to maximize user growth and educate users about financial literacy. We are seeking ambitious individuals who love solving problems and are comfortable wearing different hats in a challenging yet fun startup environment. This position is focused on product marketing, consumer-facing, and user growth aspects of the company but will give you exposure to various parts of the business and allow you to jump between roles and projects.
- Support marketing activities including but not limited to content marketing, lead generation, social media, blogging, SEO, and digital advertising
- Research and write engaging blog posts
- Curate interesting and novel social media ideas to boost product awareness
- Assist with management of Tellus’s social media channels, including but not limited to: making posts on social media, engaging with followers, and responding to user questions on ads and in DMs.
- Measure marketing performance metrics and determine actionable insights
- Assume various roles as needed to help achieve team goals
- Bachelor's degree OR rising college Juniors/Seniors (3-4th year students) with marketing or business focus (Communications, Marketing, English, Psychology, Statistics, or Economics) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Facebook for business purposes
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Prior knowledge or willingness to learn about real estate and fintech
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Familiar with Ghost blogging platform and Hootsuite social media platform
- Familiar with Google Analytics, social media metrics and/or measuring content performance
- Familiar with forum marketing, specifically Quora, Reddit, and/or Hacker News
- Basic understanding of Photoshop and/or Canva
What we are looking for:
- Passion for storytelling
- Extremely strong writers who are sticklers for grammar
- Creative, analytical thinkers
- Extremely motivated self-starters
- Eager to learn, adapt, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and time management capabilities
- Passionate or eager to learn about fintech and real estate
Terms of the internship:
Duration: January to May - Potential opportunity for extension with successful candidates
Time commitment: starting at 10-20 hours a week for undergraduate students – we respect your study commitments and want to make this experience as beneficial to you as possible. Larger time commitment is possible – we have a lot of interesting work to do!
Part-time internships are unpaid
Tellus is a FinTech startup democratizing real estate with a mobile platform for savers, investors, and landlords. Based in Palo Alto, California within walking distance to Stanford and backed by renowned angel investors, we make the real estate ecosystem accessible to everyone by providing state of the art property management tools, lucrative real estate investment opportunities, and high yield cash accounts backed by real estate. As we tackle a market worth $2 trillion, we’re looking to expand our team with ambitious problem solvers ready to take their career to the next level and be an instrumental part of our story.
*To qualify, a candidate must be employed for 2 months or more as an intern
Tellus at a glance
Tellus focuses on Mobile, Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance Technology, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.