Portable, on-demand, telepresence
CTO and co-founder$0k – $50k • 5.0% – 15.0%
- Looking to take on a full-time leadership role in a rapid growth startup.
- Down-to-earth, optimistic, charismatic and has an experimental attitude.
- Comfortable with compensation being a large share of the equity. Has enough savings to live off of for several months given there is no salary to begin with.
THE PERSON IN THIS ROLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- The full software lifecycle from planning, development and testing all the way through testing, training and production customer support.
- Participation in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment.
- Prioritizing and multitasking simultaneous projects while helping to increase revenue.
-Writing high quality code, participating in code reviews, designing/architecting systems of varying complexity and scope, and creating high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks.
-Participating in internal projects that help scale the organization, implement best practices, and improve our methodology.
-Filing patents as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert-level knowledge of application design and coding techniques, as well as a thorough understanding of installation, testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques including interacting with client support, working with clients and solving client issues.
-Extensive experience with one or more of the common streaming protocols – RTMP, RTSP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, WebRTC.
-Experience 'owning' the design of a major/large component of an application or software architecture.
-Strong foundation in OO Design and multithreaded applications.
-Experience with Scrum/Kanban/Agile development methodology.
-Experience with multiple media codecs a plus – h264, h265, VP8, VP9.
-Experience with mobile development a plus.
-Experience developing cross platform web client applications a plus.
-TDD and unit test development experience desired.
-Familiarity with build automation, git branching and continuous integration desired.
-Experience creating and documenting public APIs and creating publicly available SDKs a plus.
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 4+ years of experience in software development.
This is a unique opportunity to build something novel that simultaneously empowers people and helps the environment.
Tellaport at a glance
Tellaport focuses on Real Estate, Telecommunications, Video Streaming, Augmented Reality, and Commercial Real Estate. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.tellaport.com