televëda's mission is to design solutions that alleviate social isolation
Community Manager$45k – $60k
Everyday over 10,000 people turn 65 years old. But a lot of them are unable to get out of their home and unable to attend in-person activities due to a number of factors that range from disabilities, mobility issues, strains of therapy, access to transportation, weather, exhaustion, and feelings of inadequacy in peer settings (and also global virus outbreaks). Televeda brings the community to them.
Our mission is to design solutions that alleviate social isolation. We empower organizations with software and service infrastructure to live-stream classes and wellness programs for their members. We are privileged to work with communities and nonprofits nationwide who are tirelessly working to keep people happy and healthy. We are proud of working with our blossoming community of users who range from seniors, children with special needs, homeless veterans and members of underserved areas.
COMMUNITY MANAGER ROLE OVERVIEW
Televeda’s Community Manager will help develop new content, be at the forefront of communications, support users through a number of channels, making suggestions, evangelizing and supporting our users through a variety of ways.
You will be part of our Operations team and collaborate closely with marketing, product and support teams. The Community Manager will take ownership for retention, where success will be measured by attendance, impact, user feedback and referrals.
- Participate in our programs, and help the community share, curate and create.
- Pre-planning checklist for a successful event. Post follow-up with reporting.
- Develop and nurture the televeda community of our users
- Continuous learning about virtual classes and live streaming to build online communities
- Working with users to hear pain points, resolve issues and develop new categories of engagement and content using data and feedback.
- Act with integrity and help care for the vulnerable, elderly and those with disabilities. Your goal is to foster a safe and healthy community.
REQUIREMENTS WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- Take ownership and accountability for your work. Does not need micromanaging, and can take initiative like a leader.
- Experience building communities and handling groups (preferably online but in-person also works)
- Prior experience with event management or customer facing roles
- Experience working with seniors, special abilities or nonprofits.
- Ability to work with analytical and publishing tools like newsletters, surveys, social media and various support channels. This requires a mixture of brand thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to negotiate bookings, events and coordinate logistics associated with events
YOU’D BE A FIT AND ENJOY THE ROLE …
- We are looking for folks with a high, positive energy to help spread cheer and maintain the best interests of the community. We’re looking for a warrior monk.
- Be comfortable graciously hosting and moderating a few televeda classes. Your job will be to play, and have fun with folks. You have a passion for working with people and their well-being.
BONUS POINTS FOR ...
You apply irrespective of qualifications because the mission speaks to you
This is an incredible opportunity for individuals looking to make a powerful impact and real difference on the lives of people often facing neglect. You will be the voice of our users, their champion and cheerleader guiding us.
This role will start as part-time, with the option to transition to full-time based on mutual-satisfaction and outlined performance goals. It is fully remote with a flexible work schedule.
- You will be competitively and fairly paid.
- Rewarding experience serving the elderly and vulnerable groups
- Experience working in a remote-first startup with rapid growth
- Working on a huge problem, and setting a standard of innovation in the aging space
- Working with a team of passionate developers, healthcare professionals, lawyers, and business executives teaming to bring accessibility to the wellness industry
- Flexible schedule for students and contractors
- Growth opportunities: You can be assigned multiple communities, and larger roles within the company.