Inventor kits to help you create with technology
Android Developer for EdTech platform$60k – $85k
Teknikio is seeking a dedicated, collaborative, and creative Android developer to port our iOS app to for Android and Chromebook. Teknikio creates educational engineering kits for future inventors. We are passionate about engaging girls and boys in STEM without creating gender barriers.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Position is 4 month contract.
You will assist with the software development of an IoT programming platform, incorporating feedback and design constraints for the K-12 classroom environment. Must have a BS in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of 5 years experience working in a related field.
**You must have published an Andorid App with at least 50 users. **
Specifically, we are looking for experience with:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience developing Web Services and AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks, strategies, and best practices
Additionally, we are interested in candidates that have some amount of experience with:
- Learning design or Ed-tech
- iOs or MacOS Application development
- Windows Development
- Experience interfacing Hardware and Software
- Internet of things/connected devices
Someone with the right attitude, experience and approach is as important as the technologies involved. We are looking for someone who:
- Can take initiative in understanding the tech requirements by talking to colleagues and users
- Is comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond their core job responsibilities
- Creative and innovative in finding ways to meet the requirements
- Is risk-tolerant, willing to give ideas a try (then try again)
- An ability to manage your time productively across multiple projects The drive to continually learn and improve yourself
Teknikio at a glance
Teknikio focuses on Education, Manufacturing, Electronics, and Teaching STEM Concepts. Their company has offices in Brooklyn. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.teknikio.com