Inventor kits to help you create with technology
Junior physical product and visual Designer$55k – $75k
Teknikio creates educational engineering kits for future inventors. Our electronic components and project kits are sold around the world for hobbyists, students, and curious minds. We regularly test new ideas at museums and other interactive spaces and work to adapt and improve our experiences based on trends and feedback. We are passionate about engaging girls and boys in STEM without creating gender barriers.
Teknikio is seeking a dedicated, collaborative, and creative Junior Designer. You are a big thinker, who feels inspired by the world and wants to create meaningful experiences. Your main focus will on our new line of products, an educational platform that brings IoT-focused design to the K-12 classroom. You will be working to design and realize a next-generation solution for hands-on education technology incorporating design constraints for the classroom environment. You will also be designing solutions to interface new ideas with our current products.
Must have a BS in Interaction Design/Product Design/ Industrial Design or related field and a minimum of 3 years experience working in a related field.
Specifically, we are looking for experience with:
● Product design of physical objects
● Storytelling and presentation of concepts relating to games or play
● Communicating strategy and rationale for research, personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content mapping, campaign flows, and functional specs
● Develop presentations articulating experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience
● Branding and graphic design elements
● Creative/Art direction for "big picture" ideas and concepts
Additionally, we are interested in candidates that have some amount of experience with:
● Learning design
● Digital media
● Edtech/ educational toys
● Internet of things/connected devices
You will be joining a small team at an early stage. Someone with the right attitude, experience and approach is as important as the technologies involved. We are looking for someone who:
● Can take initiative in understanding the tech requirements by talking to colleagues and users
● Is comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond their core job responsibilities
● Creative and innovative in finding ways to meet the requirements
● Is risk-tolerant, willing to give ideas a try (then try again)
The position is contracted with the potential to extend to full-time. Preferred location is NYC but we are open to remote applicants who are the right fit.
Teknikio at a glance
Teknikio focuses on Education, Manufacturing, Electronics, and Teaching STEM Concepts. Their company has offices in Brooklyn. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.teknikio.com