Move-in ready workspaces designed specifically for tech scale-up teams
IT Support Engineer£30k – £40k
You’ll be working to implement, maintain and support our growing network infrastructure in London, Berlin and our expansion into new markets. You’ll be responsible for operating scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures for Techspace and our members.
What you’ll be doing
- Improve agility, scalability and availability across all platforms, including assistance with the roll out of SD-WAN across our infrastructure.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Maintain, bugfix and improve legacy networks, addressing technical debt.
- Interact with member companies and deliver customised connectivity solutions.
- Liaise with ISPs and appliance vendors.
- Hands on patching, debugging, predictive and on-site surveys, planning and provisioning.
- Manage IT assets and provide desktop support to the internal Techspace team.
What you'll bring
- Knowledge of our existing technology stack, including Fortinet appliances, Cisco switches, Juniper appliances and Ruckus Wi-Fi is advantageous, although the successful candidate will be one that is adaptable and not tied to specific vendors.
- Solid understanding of VDOMs, VPNs, VLANs.
- Understanding of AAA services including 802.1x and captive portal authentication management, integration and debugging.
- An interest in emerging network technologies.
- Desire to grow your skills, tackle interesting work and challenging problems.
- Ideally worked in a startup/young company or with sole engineering responsibilities before.
- Be proud of what you work on and obsess about the quality of the work you produce.
What you'll get
- Room to grow. We live and breathe scale-ups and with our own rapid business growth, you’ll have significant opportunity to shape your personal advancement.
- World-class team. Ambitious, passionate and collaborative, we have a proven track record and have serious investor backing. You’ll be challenged and inspired by team members daily.
- Company culture. We take the business seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We collaborate, hack, blog, network with the tech scaleup sector and socialise with our members, and each other!
- Competitive salary and package, flexible working hours, a shiny Mac to call your own and regular team activities to involve yourself in.
Techspace at a glance
Techspace focuses on Real Estate, Startups, Coworking, and Office Space. Their company has offices in London and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Techspace has raised $5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.