The tech and digital arm for progressive and centrist campaigns
Social Media and Content Manager$40k – $60k
Social Media and Content Manager
We’re looking for a part-time Social Media and Content Manager to update and execute Tech for Campaigns’ social media and content strategy. This is a unique opportunity to share Tech for Campaigns’ vision, expertise, and impact on the political landscape with the world at large. As the experts on tech and politics, we seek to build engagement to inform our audience about our mission, digital policy, and how we’re working to elect centrist and progressive candidates. Our social media and content presence centers around a call to take real and bold action, advocate for smart digital campaigning policy, educate about the importance of state legislators, and expose the lack of tech and digital prowess in politics.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and execute TFC’s social media program, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Develop and execute strategies to grow social channels’ followings
- Create and maintain reporting to key stakeholders and articulate insights, trends, key learnings
- Own the email communications strategy with our supporters to drive awareness and participation from our community of volunteers and donors
- Source content for and write the weekly TFC newsletter to engage volunteers and share the latest TFC news.
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience with social media and email marketing
- Creative and concise writer, able to spark people’s interest and motivate them to take action
- Ability to maintain TFC’s voice and message consistently across platforms
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills with attention to detail
- Bonus points if you love writing longer form - blogs, articles, etc
This a part-time, compensated contract role either based in San Francisco or remote. It's likely 15 hours/week.