Buy and measure TV ads for your brand across linear & streaming
Senior Backend Engineer (LA)$160k – $180k • 0.0% – 0.07%
Tatari is a data and analytics company focused on buying and measuring ads across traditional and streaming TV. We have turned TV advertising into a digital-like experience: measured, real-time, and with the ability to manage advertising campaigns in small or big doses.
Our team includes founders or leaders at other fast-rising companies, like Shazam, TrueCar, Crunchyroll, Vizify, LiveRail, LKQD as well as more established large companies like Google, Facebook, and Yahoo. We are not comprised of agency folks—most of us are engineers and data scientists by training, and we’re focused on building technology that helps us operate leaner and faster—giving our clients a competitive edge.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. You will design, build, and deploy backend business logic and data infrastructure to enable our customers to measure and optimize TV advertising campaigns. This will involve cross-functional collaboration with data scientists, business analysts, and product managers to understand the company's data-related needs and to formulate appropriate solutions.
- Design, build, deploy, and support customer facing products
- Work closely with product managers to develop, test and ship features
- Find ways to improve our code quality and push for reliability across the stack
- Participate in technical architecture discussions and peer code reviews
- Collaborate with data scientists, business analysts, and product managers tounderstand the company's data-related needs
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience working in one or more languages (preferably Python or similar)
- 2+ years of experience writing performant SQL queries and designing relationaldatabase schemas (preferably PostgreSQL)
- 2+ years of experience with one or more cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Avro, Orc or Parquet a plus
- Experience with Thrift or gRPC a plus
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches
- Team building events and happy hour
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy
All applicants must prove eligibility to work in the United States. Please submit resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with subject “Senior Backend Engineer - LA."