Designed to help remote teams move faster in product development
Senior Software Engineer (Backend/Node JS)$130k – $180k • 0.05% – 0.25%
Software should work for you, not the other way around. Yet, most software for product development is difficult to use and needs a lot of time to configure; it was not purpose-built for modern, cross-functional teams building rapidly.
At Tara, we’re designing simple yet powerful software to solve these complex problems. We've built a smart platform that's helping thousands of engineers and teams deliver on planned releases, with improved predictability.
We're a founding team of seasoned engineers and product folks, building for innovators. We're passionate about enabling engineers and builders that create the platforms the world uses, everyday. Our investors include YCombinator, Acrew and Slack Fund.
If you have an innate curiosity around software teams with a desire to solve their problems, we would love to hear from you.
Your role at Tara
- Building and maintaining a serverless architecture on GCP
- Maintaining a set of internal Node Packages for shared code
- Architecting and maintain our backend with Firestore and Firebase Services
- Creating and maintaining a logging strategy for incoming back end errors
- Working on architecting and implementing data pipelines and connecting to external services for machine learning, analytics and predictive analysis
- Working closely with team leads on maintaining readable documentation, RFC’s and Process improvements for the wide engineering team.
- Mentorship and one on ones with junior engineers
- Keeping up to pace with the latest features of GCP and Node
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Coaching, educating, and evangelizing software development best practices ducating, and evangelizing software development best practices
- Experience with data storage technologies such as NoSQL, GraphQL, Firebase,
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience as a senior engineer developing on cloud services
- Experience with Node and modern ES standards
- Experience building highly scalable services
- API design theory, and and able to describe why one might choose JSON/REST over gRPC or GraphQL
- Experience identifying, testing, and resolving performance concerns
- Team Git workflow and version control
What we offer:
- 100% healthcare coverage with Platinum medical and dental plans
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) policy
- Flexible work from home days
- Monthly parking permit is provided
- Fresh coffee and snacks at our fully stocked kitchen
- Regular happy hours, mixers and company outings
Our technical stack
React, NodeJS, Redux, Hooks, Firebase, Firestore, Google Cloud Platform
At Tara AI, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Tara AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Rest assured. We cover 100% of healthcare premiums with comprehensive medical and dental plans.
Work from anywhere
We believe in productivity from anywhere, and we're flexible with time off with regular work from home days.
Enjoy fresh coffee and snacks at our fully stocked kitchen, with regular catered lunches.
Pets are welcome
Tara can't wait to meet your furry friends. Feel free to bring them along.
There are always unlimited opportunities for training at Tara with opportunities to attend conferences and training seminars. On, and we also have a well-stocked online (and offline) library!
Happy hours, mixers and company outings are a constant at Tara. Want to wear that Darth Vader tee? Be yourself, and leave the suit and tie at home.
Tara at a glance
Tara focuses on Enterprise Software and Product Management. Their company has offices in San Jose. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Tara has raised $13M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.