The Future of Restaurant Ordering & Payment
Advisor (Senior Backend or Full-Stack Engineer / Architect)$50k – $125k • 0.25% – 0.5%
TapTab is a cutting-edge mobile application that is inventing the future of the dining experience, and we’re looking for great people to help us create that future.
We have a team of 12 engineers, and are seeking a Senior Backend or Full-Stack Engineer or Architect to contribute 5 hours/week to serve as an Advisor to our team and to oversee development of our software. We’re looking for an Advisor who can provide guidance and mentorship to our team members, contribute insights to our products, and shares our passion, ambition and motivation.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a very exciting, emerging startup, make valuable contributions to its products, and to help build a great culture and company.
Our company is a pure startup, and all of our team members are currently working for equity. The same would be expected of the Advisor, until the company's next funding round, after which it could become something more. We have strong investor relationships and intend to raise capital in the fourth quarter of 2020.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Guide the development of TapTab’s software, particuilarly its backend, as well is its web application for restaurants
- Lead the integration of TapTab with various Point of Sale systems
- Select, test and contribute to the adoption of software architecture, programming languages and new technologies
- Ensure code quality, reliability and optimal performance
- Mentor TapTab engineers as they build TapTab's software
- At least 5 years of software development experience, specifically Node.js and React.js
- Experience developing scalable, adaptive, high-performance apps
- Demonstrated ability to write and test high-quality, readable, reliable and well-architected code
- Knowledge of AWS
- Ability to define, understand, develop, test and iterate new product features
- Experience working with and fetching data from internal and third party APIs
- Ability to optimize software for performance and speed
- Familiar with Git version control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
BONUS SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Point of Sale systems or restaurant software
- Knowledge of mobile development
- Previously released an app or apps in the App Store
- Deep interest in mobile development and knowledge of latest platform developments
- Startup experience
- Equity in an emerging startup company
- If interested, market salary and benefits (upon closing of next funding round)
- Chance to take part in an exciting journey with a fun, friendly and highly-motivated team
- Opportunity to mentor (and learn from) a team of developers, designers and others
- Awareness that you’re helping create to a product that will make life a little bit better and the world a little bit more beautiful for a whole lot of people
TapTab App at a glance
TapTab App focuses on Mobile, Hospitality, Restaurants, and Mobile Payments. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.taptabapp.com