The Future of Restaurant Ordering & Payment
Backend Software Engineering InternNo salary • No equity
TapTab is a cutting-edge mobile application that is inventing the future of the dining experience, and we’re looking for great people who are excited about that future.
We are currently seeking a Backend Software Engineering Interns to join our development team. Our summer internship program runs from September 8 - December 4, 2020. As a Backend Software Engineering Intern, you will work on backend development tasks. Specific assignments will vary depending upon your interests and skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in an exciting, emerging startup at an early stage; learn from a fun, friendly and highly-motivated team of developers; gain valuable work experience; and enhance your resume for future opportunities.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Work with TapTab backend engineers on innovative web applications
• Research, test and contribute to the adoption of software architecture, programming languages and new technologies
• Write, test and document code, and ensure code quality, reliability and optimal performance
• Recent Sofware Engineering Bootcamp graduate OR full-time undergraduate or graduate student in Computer Science or related field at an accredited college or university
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Proficiency in and experience with backend end programming languages, specifically Node.js, Postgres SQL databases and AWS
• Interest in developing scalable, adaptive, high-performance apps
• Ability to write and test high-quality, readable, reliable and well-architected code
• Ability to define, understand, develop, test and iterate new product features
• Experience with markup languages
• Familiarity with Git version control
• Located in or willing to work in New York City
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
BONUS SKILLS & QUALITIES
• Deep interest in software development and knowledge of latest technological developments
• Knowledge of backend development using React.js or Swift
• Interest in startups
The Backend Software Engineering Intern position is an unpaid role, and the intern is not considered an employee for wage purposes and shall not receive employee benefits, such as health or dental insurance, or pension or retirement credit. Participation in the internship does not guarantee the intern a job at the conclusion of the internship.
Applicants who receive college/university credit for internships are strongly encouraged to apply. And TapTab is happy to work with your educational institution to help you earn credit for your internship.
Meet your team
TapTab App at a glance
TapTab App focuses on Mobile, Hospitality, Restaurants, and Mobile Payments. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.taptabapp.com