Tapad: Digital identity resolution specialists who connect brands to consumers across devices
Senior Software Engineer
*COVID-19 UPDATE: The NYC office will remain closed until we feel it is safe to return. All interviews will be virtual until further notice.*
Small Teams; Big Data
At Tapad, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our global engineering team in New York City. We need a person who can work hands-on as an engineer, solving complex problems and building advanced software systems. We face daily challenges that are both unique and engaging, while processing data at petabyte scale. That is over one trillion data points in any given 60-day period — with consumer privacy and data security at the heart of everything we do.
The size and scale of our challenges demand the use of cutting edge, open-source technologies, like Apache Spark, Apache Beam, and Kubernetes. We’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one.
Collaboration is at the forefront of our day-to-day at Tapad. You would be working with multiple engineering domains, and with our commercial teams, to guarantee that we are delivering the best products. We believe that our engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss. A successful Tapad engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly. We want someone who is motivated to find large-scale solutions with us. We work with big data on small teams. Every contribution is important.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, take that time to get better. We love to develop a sense of community, so we host meetups, share knowledge, and have regular team outings. At Tapad, we make sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies we use at Tapad (don’t worry, we’ll teach you):
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Dataflow/Beam, SQL, BigQuery
- Scala, sbt, cats, http4s, fs2
- Spark, Python
- Airflow, Prometheus, Kubernetes
Must Have Experience:
- 5+ years of software engineering
- Experience working with Big Data
- Experience with containerization
- Multi-threaded application development
- Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant complex systems
- Scala programming experience
- 1+ years functional programming experience
- Knowledge of JVM ecosystem
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigQuery
- Serve as a Senior member of the team by contributing to the architecture, design and implementation
- Mentor junior engineers and enable their growth
- Lead and drive technical projects. Take responsibility for the planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Collaborate with other engineering, product, and data science teams to ensure we’re building the best products
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing your fellow team members and gaining their respect
- Generous PTO - no accruing necessary
- 401k matching
- On-site medical clinic (we bring the doctor in-house so you can make appointments at your convenience)
- Scala School (we’ll teach you!), Coursera, LinkedIn learning, peer-lead professional development, and an abundance of resources to help you stay sharp
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Collaboration catered lunches
- Discounts on gym memberships 😉
- Foosball, ping pong, diversity and inclusion group, book club, Tough Mudder, push-up challenges, and tons of other extra-curricular activities that will make you feel like part of the Tapad family
- Check out our #TapadLife page to see what our employees have to say
Find more on our engineering blog HERE
Founded in 2010, Tapad cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology. Our groundbreaking, proprietary technology assimilates trillions of data points to find the relationship between smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, and connected TVs. Ten years later, we are processing data at petabyte scale, with an engineering team that comprises roughly half of our entire organization. When you work with us, you matter, and your work matters.
We use Scala, in combination with large-scale data processing and open-source technologies, to build our device graph. Across our engineering teams, we also use Scala, GCP, Spark, Kubernetes, Python, TypeScript, Angular, and anything else that helps us get the job done. We're open-minded about new technologies, we're passionate about what we do, and we make time for everyone to learn and grow as the industry changes. Engineers at Tapad are approachable and ambitious people who think outside the box and solve big problems collaboratively. Are you up for the challenge?
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Tapad does not accept resumes from unsolicited search firms nor recruiters. In no event shall fees be paid to any unsolicited search firms nor recruiters, regardless of whether the candidate is made an offer or accepts a placement at Tapad. All resumes received through any channels will be considered the sole property of Tapad.
Tapad's Talent Team is solely responsible for making the decision on forming partnerships with search firms and third-party recruiters. Any communication outside Tapad's Talent team will not be an agreement of services.
On-site medical clinic (we bring the doctor in-house once per quarter, so you can make appointments at your convenience)
Generous PTO - no accruing necessary
Collaboration catered lunches
Unlimited snacks and beverages
Discounts on gym memberships 😉
Scala School (we’ll teach you!), Coursera, LinkedIn learning, peer-lead professional development, and an abundance of resources to help you stay sharp
Fussball, ping pong, diversity and inclusion group, book club, Tough Mudder, push-up challenges, and tons of other extra-curricular activities that will make you feel like part of the Tapad family
Tapad at a glance
Tapad focuses on Advertising, Sales and Marketing, Big Data, Software, and Content. Their company has offices in New York City and West New York. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Tapad has raised $36M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016.