Internet of Things for truck-delivered energy
VP of Engineering$130k – $165k • 0.1% – 0.8%
This is a unique opportunity to shape the team and put the tools in place to deliver rapidly and consistently as we scale.
- People-management of our hardware and software engineering teams.
- Building our engineering team by sourcing and hiring software and hardware engineers while preserving culture and high expectations on skill.
- Managing the processes and tools we use to collaborate and deliver product (such as choosing a PLM system for our hardware product or tweaking our agile workflow to improve communication across the team).
- Collaborate with key stakeholders through the product development process to plan, build, and launch new product experiences.
- Project management to ensure we’re able to over-deliver on our promised timelines and expectations
- Define and measure success to feed future data-driven decisions.
What you need to be successful:
- Strong understanding of customer research best practices, development methodologies, and user experience.
- Technical knowledge of modern software development best-practices, tools, and technology.
- Proven team leader who manages through influence and collaboration, not through hierarchy of command.
- A successful history of taking products from ideation through launch, and leading teams through rapid iteration cycles.
- Clear communicator with ability to translate between customers, engineering, and additional key stakeholders and make your message understood at all levels within Tank Utility.
- Ability to thrive while navigating ambiguity in a startup environment and be willing to lend a hand to teammates across the organization.
- This is not a position where we expect you to write code, but a background in developing software will certainly be helpful and we will not stop you from making commits!
What you get:
- Have an immediate impact in defining the future of Tank Utility’s product.
- Work directly with the founder/CEO to build the engineering team at a rapidly growing startup.
- Fun, collaborative, fast paced work environment
- Flexible work from home once you get started
- Company outings when we hit our goals such as snow tubing, brewery tours, etc.
- Career development that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow
- 401k, health insurance, equity
Tank Utility at a glance
Tank Utility focuses on Clean Energy, Energy Efficiency, Fuels, and Logistics. Their company has offices in Boston and Somerville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Tank Utility has raised $8.255M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.