Instantly management and security of endpoints. Drive efficiency and take control like never before
Technical Sales Engineer, Northeast
We are changing the world! Want to help the largest organizations on the planet achieve unprecedented visibility and control over the most complex environments in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs & provide solutions? Do you have excellent technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience?
At Tanium our Technical Sales Engineering (TSE) team works closely with Sales and Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage our customers. We guide and lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, and provide comprehensive Proof of Value (POV).
You will be engaged in interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analysis of customers’ current technology and architecture, operational and business needs; and the development and presentation of Tanium solutions. You will lead deep-dive technical discussions with the customer to position Tanium’s transformative enterprise operations and security platform to the relevant partners, from C-level to the technology user.
What you’ll do: ****
- Work directly with our outstanding sales team from initial discovery to deal close to shorten sales cycles and improve closing rate
- Oversee and participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing platform demos and highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers and new sales opportunities
- Be the direct conduit translating customer challenges into technical solutions, positioning Tanium to solve those challenges
- Function as a technical expert throughout Sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the pre-sales and POV process line up with strategic account goals
- Partner with field engineering teams (TAMs) to ensure maximum technical effectiveness and consistent customer experience throughout the POV process
- Consistently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with the customer, in addition to relationships with peers and partners
- Participate and speak at regional marketing events and conferences
- Customer-facing Sales and Channel enablement, including training
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and TAM organizations to improve effectiveness and efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
- Travel expected to be 40-60% to engage with customers and prospects in person
We are looking for someone with:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of operational and/or selling experience in endpoint operations or security
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- Software pre-sales or related value-based influential technical-selling expertise in very large enterprise environments
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
- Experience taking ownership of complex projects and producing successful outcomes
- Broad knowledge of the IT security, operations, and compliance space and products
- Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- IT Operations Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Broad knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
Does this sound like you?
- A Technical Sales Engineer that thrives on complex problems and solving them with technology.
- Are you the “go-to” Technical Sales Engineer who excels under pressure?
- Are you a technologist, but enjoy working with customers on delivering successful outcomes?
- Do you wish you could be more hands-on with technology throughout the sales process?
- Can you navigate the complexity of Enterprise customers and execute excellence at every level?
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.
Tanium at a glance
Tanium focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Security, Software, and Cyber Security. Their company has offices in Chicago, Reading, and Emeryville. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Tanium has raised $985.604M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.